Is swapping equipment during a competition allowed?

davedownsouth

Are you allowed to swap bits of your set-up during a competition when you change shooting distances? I ask as I have a sore shoulder at the moment so I have started using a much lower poundage set of limbs while it sorts itself out (gone from using a 34 pound set to a 26 pound set). In a month or so I might be entering a 'fun' interclub competition, shooting 80, 60 & 50 yards. Would I be allowed to use the 34 pound limbs (& ACE arrows) at the first distance of 80 yards, and then swap to the 26 pound limbs (& XX75 arrows) at the 60 & 50 yards distances?
Cheers
DDS :)

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
yes, if there was an equipment inspection at the start of the shoot you'll need any change of equipment checked, but if not, don't worry. As long as it's all legal equipment it's all allowed. Though note, you have to shoot the same arrows in each end. So you can't switch arrows halfway through an end.

Corax67

It's not unusual to see archers with two bows set up at competitions and change at some point, even more prevalent in longbow than in recurve from my experience.

Karl

ash

+1
i sometimes change limbs or arws in a shoot,
eg. i change arws at shorter dist in case my expensive ones get smashed up!