Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Discuss Tents at competitions at the Target Archery within Archery Interchange Forums; I've done a few indoor shoots but plan on doing some outdoor tournaments etc. This ...
    In the Blue
    Thanks

Tents at competitions

I've done a few indoor shoots but plan on doing some outdoor tournaments etc. This year. I realise that a lot of people take tents to use as shelter. What sort of size is acceptable? I'm looking at getting a quechua base seconds pop up shelter which is 2.25m x 2.25m. Would this be ok?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Personally I think they're too big (unless you're camping as well), but they're the standard one that's used. I think Bimble has a pic somewhere showing the odd one out where only one tent on the line isn't a Quencha

In the Blue
    Thanks
    My initial thought was that it would be too big but I thought I had seen something similar last summer (but I was new to archery then and wasn't really paying attention to the tents!)

So it isn't thought of as being anti-social to pop one of those up at an archery event then?

The reason for wanting the base seconds is that we have a camper van with a drive away awning and it is often a pain to put the awning up for just a night etc. So we figured that the base seconds would make a good short stay awning for the camper van and then could be used for archery as well.

I take it driving the camper van across the field to the shooting line would definitely be seen as anti-social!

In the Red
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark31121 View Post
    Personally I think they're too big (unless you're camping as well), but they're the standard one that's used. I think Bimble has a pic somewhere showing the odd one out where only one tent on the line isn't a Quencha
    Popbivvys and that kind of fishing shelter are the order of the day.
    A few years ago, fishing umbrellas were popular.
    Considering regs allow 8-12ft between centers of bosses, you really shouldnt take more than 4 ft shooting line width with your campsite. People always want to camp front line, but you have to allow people behind space to get through to the shooting line.
    thepensbybowman likes this.

In the Gold AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben tarrow View Post
    Popbivvys and that kind of fishing shelter are the order of the day.
    A few years ago, fishing umbrellas were popular.
    Considering regs allow 8-12ft between centers of bosses, you really shouldnt take more than 4 ft shooting line width with your campsite. People always want to camp front line, but you have to allow people behind space to get through to the shooting line.
    I agree with Mark and Ben. Although I think they should be banned or at least should be one row back as they are often errected right on the equipment line like a row of pre war terraced houses with no way through without a 60 yd walk to your shooting position
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nbuuifx View Post
    My initial thought was that it would be too big but I thought I had seen something similar last summer (but I was new to archery then and wasn't really paying attention to the tents!)

So it isn't thought of as being anti-social to pop one of those up at an archery event then?

The reason for wanting the base seconds is that we have a camper van with a drive away awning and it is often a pain to put the awning up for just a night etc. So we figured that the base seconds would make a good short stay awning for the camper van and then could be used for archery as well.

I take it driving the camper van across the field to the shooting line would definitely be seen as anti-social!
    I've seen camper vans on the tent line - admittedly he was on the end nearest the entrance and did check it was ok first.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast