Dress Code at Nationals

juniorarcherdb

Hi all,
I spotted this violation of the new Dress Code ruling, the ruling specificity mentions that jeans are not permitted. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38545764/Photo-0110.jpg
This was at the Gents Indoor National Champs, the archer in question is a well established, GB team archer. He should know these rules and should need to respect them as any archer would.
Is it also questionable that the judges allowed him to shoot, especially it being a National Championship.

Happy to hear your thoughts.
Juniorarcherdb:target:

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
I could be wrong, but I thought the rule wasn't for "jeans" but for no "blue denim" while from that pic they look black to me.

Gunner

Fonz Awardee
I believe the rules also require men to wear sleeves, to me a t-shirt does not have sleeves as such. I'll give it more thought next week when I'm club shooting in my black jeans and usual t-shirt. :)

Rip T

Rule 307 now states :-

(ii) Any colour garments may be worn with the exception of blue denim, olive drab
and camouflage pattern.

So - blue denim is not allowed but any other colour including black is.

As for shirts:-

(i) Tops or shirts must cover the front and back of the body (including the midriff
when at full draw), they must not be strapless and, for gentlemen, must include
sleeves.

Doesn't say how long the sleeves must be.
Rip

pelican

My thoughts are:
If you care so much about this infringement of the rules, why didn't you bring it up with judges at the competition? They were in a better position than this forum to make the decision.

Bowselecta

Supporter
Supporter
I had always thought for trousers it was no blue denim/camo/olive/army green as Rip mentions.
Sleeves for shirts, polo and T.

Could only get four letters from the belt which could mean the archers name...oh yes I'm quick or perhaps their sponsor ? :raspberry

And he looks fair skinned....Hmmmmmmmmm

D

Deleted member 7654

Dress code....
Groan... does anyone actually giveadamn?
Del
<slaps furry head with paw>

BigShot

I'm very happy the old dresscode is history. I'm with Phil too... provided it's not unsafe somehow I see no reason at all for dresscodes.

Also, as the rules are for no "olive drab" I'm very tempted to turn up in a non-drab military green and argue the ####. There are only about 3 or 4 countries which still issue single colour military uniforms in olive drab (which is a very specific colour) the rest having various other shades of green that are most certainly NOT olive drab. I wouldn't do it without having a change of clothes handy or at a shoot I planned on winning... but as a jab at silly rules it could be fun.

Also tempted to show up in and argue the #### about non-cotton (hemp, for example) blue jeans as "blue denim" is by definition a cotton fabric.

That said, I do take issue with the jeans shown in the OP... the glittery Evisu emblems are even worse than the regular ones which in themselves are pretty gash.

Darryl

Hi all,
I spotted this violation of the new Dress Code ruling, the ruling specificity mentions that jeans are not permitted. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38545764/Photo-0110.jpg
This was at the Gents Indoor National Champs, the archer in question is a well established, GB team archer. He should know these rules and should need to respect them as any archer would.
Is it also questionable that the judges allowed him to shoot, especially it being a National Championship.

Happy to hear your thoughts.
Juniorarcherdb:target:

Why single this fella out when there was about a thousand violations both at the Juniors and Senior event? I was there from the Saturday watching the Face2Face and spotted quite a few juniors not wearing approriate attire.

Have you considered they laxed the laws a bit because there was quite a considerable number of international archers attending the Face2Face who were also shooting the National Indoors on the Sunday?

I myself was wearing olive drab 3/4 length shorts but I always wear these to a lot of competitions and haven't been approached yet. I also carry a set of white shorts with me aswell just incase I do.

As for judges questioning the wearing of jeans, they have at some of our local RS shoots. Like I said before, perhaps they were just being a bit lax for a reason.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Does it really matter? As long as it doesn't affect safety who cares what anyone wears.
It obviously matters, otherwise there wouldn't have been many hours gone into discussing writing a rule to cover it :scratchch

But it's a fair call, that the application of the rules is patchy at best. Here in Scotland we have judges (well at least one) who applies rules to a level of robust dedication that I just don't see elsewhere in the country...

It's still much, much better than it was when the 'bottle green of a particular (random) shade' facists ruled :)

C

Compound10

back to the original question though the archer in the picture is wearing black 'jeans' - it is only blue denim jeans that are banned. Shirts well most club shirts and sponsors shirts are polo style with short sleeves.

commissar

i dont have a problem with the regs what i dont like is them not being enforced correctly or only partly enforced or enforced at one venue and not at another
if they are regs they should be enforced at all events and fully enforced
its not hard or expencive to buy some white cargo trousers and a white polo shirt to shoot in so there is no excuse for wearing clothing unsuitable or that doesnt meet the regs
i would even go so far as it should be that we have to wear white only (forget the green )would give a far more professional look on the line imo

commissar

oh forgot to say
ladies should have to wear full ankle length skirts as well
also long sleeved blouse with collor should be worn

:)

Deeds

i dont have a problem with the regs what i dont like is them not being enforced correctly or only partly enforced or enforced at one venue and not at another
if they are regs they should be enforced at all events and fully enforced
its not hard or expencive to buy some white cargo trousers and a white polo shirt to shoot in so there is no excuse for wearing clothing unsuitable or that doesnt meet the regs
i would even go so far as it should be that we have to wear white only (forget the green )would give a far more professional look on the line imo
Sure, in the summer it's so attractive seeing those in white with lovely visible sweat patches, particularly the men with sweaty lines between their bum cheeks! IMO white is very impractical and being covered in mud is not professional looking. In any case we are in a field shooting arrows not working behind a desk so professional doesn't come into it. Practicality and safety should be the the priority

BigShot

oh forgot to say, we are not in the 18th century
It's not like he said corsetry and petticoats should be worn! :p

I'm definitely in the "doesn't matter a jot what colour or style people wear" camp though... with the exception that I support rules requiring clothing to cover the midriff at full draw... some things I just don't need to see. :p

Deeds

It's not like he said corsetry and petticoats should be worn! :p

I'm definitely in the "doesn't matter a jot what colour or style people wear" camp though... with the exception that I support rules requiring clothing to cover the midriff at full draw... some things I just don't need to see. :p
Oh yes totally agree with that. corn beef bleuurgggh