GNAS Dress Code - Legal Trousers

MINIMike

As I understand it, to compete in GNAS sanctioned competitions all competitors must wear either green or white trousers.

Are there there any other rules stipulating the type of trousers one has to wear?

For example, are cricket trousers allowed? For the unitiated, these tend to be elasticated waist trousers without fly and often have a manufcturer's logo and piping on the pocket.

The reason I ask is that I'm 6' 7" tall, have a 35" inside leg and a 44" waist so I'm finding it difficult (read impossible) to find trousers. Any suggestions very gratefully recieved.

Thank you.

Stace

Although known as 'whites', cricket trousers tend to be cream in colour and I'd imagine unsuitable.

Crazy, isn't it?

jet186

As I understand it, to compete in GNAS sanctioned competitions all competitors must wear either green or white trousers.

Are there there any other rules stipulating the type of trousers one has to wear?

For example, are cricket trousers allowed? For the unitiated, these tend to be elasticated waist trousers without fly and often have a manufcturer's logo and piping on the pocket.

The reason I ask is that I'm 6' 7" tall, have a 35" inside leg and a 44" waist so I'm finding it difficult (read impossible) to find trousers. Any suggestions very gratefully recieved.

Thank you.
good question MiniMike, I would like to know the answer to that one as well, someone is bound to pull you up on the piping and the logo, during the middle of a comp so its better to find out first. have you tried sending for an Alexandra catalogue they have both green whitr &polo shirts and trousers in both colours without charging highly inflated prices.Best Regards John:cheerful:

MINIMike

Thanks for the replies.

Stace, some companies (certainly Adidas) list both white and cream trousers.

Jet, logos won't be a problem (a bit of white tape covers a multitude of 'sins'). Will look out for Alexandra. Never heard of them but thanks for the lead.

Stace

Thanks for the replies.

Jet, logos won't be a problem (a bit of white tape covers a multitude of 'sins'). Will look out for Alexandra. Never heard of them but thanks for the lead.
Ahh right. That's interesting then.

Back to manufacturer's logos, I remember talking to a fellow club member who said that he was pulled up once for wearing the Beiter long sleeve t shirt as it had the manufacturer's logo in full view. :thumbsdow

jet186

Thanks for the replies.

Jet, logos won't be a problem (a bit of white tape covers a multitude of 'sins'). Will look out for Alexandra. Never heard of them but thanks for the lead.[/QUO
MiniMike,
Here is web address for Alexandra.
http://www.alexandra.co.uk/ happy browsing:cheerful: Regards John

MINIMike

Thanks again peeps.

Have ordered an Alexandra catalogue 'cos the online shop wasn't working when I tried!

Gorilly

MINIMike

The issue of trousers under rule 307 is pretty vague. The rule states that gents should wear either trousers or shorts, dark green or white. No indication beyond that is given to style of cut, material etc.

"Minor piping on the garment is also permitted" again vague as minor is not defined. I have seen on the shooting line Adidas track bottoms with the three strips on them and these seem to be accepted.

Theres nothing in rule 307 about makers logos. There is the following about advertising and logos could be included within this "(g) Advertising material must not be carried or worn except in conformity with FITA rules".

The FITA website but the PDF section containing the rule book is currently down so I can't give you a quote on that.

Cheers
G

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
MINIMike

The issue of trousers under rule 307 is pretty vague. The rule states that gents should wear either trousers or shorts, dark green or white. No indication beyond that is given to style of cut, material etc.

"Minor piping on the garment is also permitted" again vague as minor is not defined. I have seen on the shooting line Adidas track bottoms with the three strips on them and these seem to be accepted.

Cheers
G
Vague is the operative word here. Even the officials do not know what the correct colours are, and I have asked a few. I have heard of people being pulled up at one event but not at another when wearing the same thing. At the end of the day it does seem to be down to the officials running the event as to what they will allow or what you can get away with.

Tobytoolbag

Fonz Awardee
...At the end of the day it does seem to be down to the officials running the event as to what they will allow or what you can get away with.
Yeah, but can you see one of these petty-minded 'little men' officials pulling a 6'7" MINIMike off the shooting line, and then lecturing him about his dress as he towers over them...? If they do, they're braver than most...

MINIMike
Theres nothing in rule 307 about makers logos. There is the following about advertising and logos could be included within this "(g) Advertising material must not be carried or worn except in conformity with FITA rules".

The FITA website but the PDF section containing the rule book is currently down so I can't give you a quote on that.
If the logo is the clothing manufacturers then in theory it is permitted as FITA allows this without mentioning a restriction. A sponsors logo is limited in size.

So in theory the 3 Adidas stripes should be permitted as they are the manufacturers logo. However, I am sure that many people out there have been cautioned over this because the stripes may be interpretted as excessice piping.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
I was going to suggest you tried Regatta clothing but I see their leg lengths for men are 29, 31 & 33 not a 35"! The waist sizes however go up to 44" :cheerful: They do make fairly inexpensive trousers and shorts often found at some outlet malls for reduced prices, and in an exceptable green. Only problem is they do fade especially over a sunny summer.

MINIMike

Thanks everyone.

Can there be any other sports both so regulated and so vague at the same time?

Oh, and Tobytoolbag, I may be 6' 7" but I'm a sweetie really. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :cheerful:

I appreciate everyone's time in replying. If anyone comes across suitable trousers in my size I'd be grateful for a 'heads up'.

Cheers.

Tobytoolbag

Fonz Awardee
Oh, and Tobytoolbag, I may be 6' 7" but I'm a sweetie really. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :cheerful:
If you're being hassled by a petty-minded 'little man' of a judge (and I'm not implying that all judges are, just the odd 'bad apple' that wants to make a name for him/herself), you'll be doing us all a favour if you draw yourself up to your full height and LOOK intimidating as possible without actually resorting to physical violence... they'll hopefully get the message that THEIR behaviour is just as bad-mannered as turning up with the 'wrong shade of' green/white trousers with or without manufacturers' logos.

nfinite

Ironman
always found good sizes at arco,

Get both my greens and whites there.

I have Never had a problem finding colours.

I must be one of the lucky ones
:cheerful: :cheerful: :cheerful: