new dress code regs?

T101

so when do the new regs come into effect please, i heard april, but when exactly please? i'm keen to ditch my stoopid green stuff.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Well, as it hasn't been ratified (yet*) and the rules on the website are those to be printed for 2012 still has green and white best not get rid of it yet.

* - and I personally hope it isn't changed

C

Compound10

okay let me put this another way - not everyone's club would be happy with that. I'm a committee member and if someone did that at ours, or if I did it without consultation there would be words I'm sure.

After all how can you ensure that everyone wants pink trousers and lemon yellow tops as the club colours?

M

Mark R

I hope they don't change either, now we have the option of registering colours there's no need to for the proposed changes.

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
so when do the new regs come into effect please, i heard april, but when exactly please? i'm keen to ditch my stoopid green stuff.
I guess we might have to wait for a few more cantankerous old gits to shuffle off this mortal coil before the zombie like groaning of the green and white brigade stops.

What's the point of club colours? There is absolutley no benifit of a team strip in a totally individual sport, not untill some one volounteers to be my cady/quiver anyway.

If you want to wear green and white, it's your call, but don't restrict the freedom and comfort of others just "becasue that's how it's always been". Unless you fancy shuffling along to the bowls green?

Darkcider

I guess we might have to wait for a few more cantankerous old gits to shuffle off this mortal coil before the zombie like groaning of the green and white brigade stops.

What's the point of club colours? There is absolutley no benifit of a team strip in a totally individual sport, not untill some one volounteers to be my cady/quiver anyway.

If you want to wear green and white, it's your call, but don't restrict the freedom and comfort of others just "becasue that's how it's always been". Unless you fancy shuffling along to the bowls green?
Absolutely agree and well said!

Name me another sport where there's a dress ruling, nationally enforced? This is the 21st century we're living in, but yet some archers want to keep us firmly rooted in at least the last century, if not the middle ages!! Lincoln Green anyone?

Anyway, the dress regulations, as wirtten (Rule 307) is a nonsense: firstly, the regs only apply to UK or World Record Status shoots and also, they state that:

"Members of the Society shooting and officiating at tournaments granted UK or World Record status by GNAS. . . . . ."

Now the important bit is the word "and" - basically the regs only apply if you're shooting AND officiating (i.e. judging or being a tournament organiser/Lord or Lady Paramount etc).

So, for the vast majority of us, you can wear what you want, within reason, and keep it safe too (so no sandals at a clout!).

Cheers,

Mike

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
Cricket... bowls... actually, I have read on some bowls forums of people not only being banned from their cubs but getting band from all clubs in the region for wearing the wrong clothing to competitions... any team sport almost always have all members of the team wearing the same colours, so that'll take in football, rugby, hockey... well, all of them really.

Name me another sport where there's a dress ruling, nationally enforced? This is the 21st century we're living in, but yet some archers want to keep us firmly rooted in at least the last century, if not the middle ages!! Lincoln Green anyone?

Darkcider

Team sports, yes, but we're talking about general shooting here.

And bowls, well, if you want archery to degenerate into something like this, then go right ahead and keep up the pressure for green/white.

Personally, I'd prefer to shoot in something that is comfy and warm (in cold weather) and I've yet to find a pair of green trousers (forget white for clout shoots or most other outdoor shoots - they're filthy after each day!) that fit the former requirement.

But then the devil is in the detail, like I said, there's no need for the vast majority of archers to take note of Rule 307

Cheers,

Mike

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
bimble said:
Cricket... bowls... actually, I have read on some bowls forums of people not only being banned from their cubs but getting band from all clubs in the region for wearing the wrong clothing to competitions...
Do you really want that in archery?

bimble said:
any team sport almost always have all members of the team wearing the same colours, so that'll take in football, rugby, hockey... well, all of them really.
Archery isn't a team sport though. Which is why I brought up about there being no point to club colours.

mf78

Cricket... bowls... actually, I have read on some bowls forums of people not only being banned from their cubs but getting band from all clubs in the region for wearing the wrong clothing to competitions... any team sport almost always have all members of the team wearing the same colours, so that'll take in football, rugby, hockey... well, all of them really.
And the worry of being banned from all clubs because you wore the wrong shade of trousers helps to promote the sport in the public eye does it? And those team sports you mention, yes players on the same team do usually wear the same colours, but I think its rather unusual for all players on the same pitch in different teams to wear matching outfits ;) Imagine a game of footie where 22 players and the ref all come on in the same strip :D

Bring on the new rules!

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
You mean a sport that is a regular in the Commonwealth Games?? A sport that gets television coverage that a couple million people watch?? A sport that can be played by people of all ages, individually or as a team. A sport that requires an ability to perform under mental pressure and still preform acts of precision that require many, many hours of practice. Sounds a bit like archery but with tv coverage and a regular appearance at the CG.

And when you say "general" shooting... are you talking about going down the club to do shooting or are you talking about going to competitions?? To me general shooting means just down the club and the only clothing regs that apply is the shoe reg.

And of course archery is also a team sport. From international level, country, county, club...

Team sports, yes, but we're talking about general shooting here.

And bowls, well, if you want archery to degenerate into something like this, then go right ahead and keep up the pressure for green/white.

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
bimble said:
And of course archery is also a team sport. From international level, country, county, club...
Archery is not a team sport. At best, these "team" events are based around a totalling of INDIVIDUAL scores. A team works together, how do archers work together? Shoot the opponents arrows out of the sky? It is purely an individual sport. To that end, the only reason I wear club colours is to avoid wearing the ridiculous green and white.

When will the green and white brigade realise, that no one wants to stop them wearing their "lovely" and "practical" uniform, it's simply a case of people don't want to be forced to wear that, or a club uniform, which may be equally as repulsive to them, if they don't want to?!!!