Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Discuss ACG arrows at the Arrows & Components within Archery Interchange Forums; I have a set of (12) ACGs on the way. My arrows ( xx75 Genesis) ...
    In the Blue AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Thanks

ACG arrows

I have a set of (12) ACGs on the way.
    My arrows (xx75 Genesis) were getting to 60 yards okay and with decent accuracy but at 80 yards they were falling well short - aimed well above the target and got a few gold and several reds (only one miss) but that's not ideal.

So I have ordered a set of ACGs and REALLY hope they'll help as they weren't cheap!

The bow is a Hoyt Ignite set to 50lbs. Might upgrade soonish but not yet sure to what.
    Mybo Origin
    Member of Bowmen Of Wadebridge
    Archery GB member

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    I hope your new arrows do what you need. A friend at my club upgraded to ACC's and they've changed all his sight marks, he's dialling his sights back in and then making the move to 80 yards.

I was going to upgrade to ACC's, but I've decided to put the money towards a longbow instead. I have to reverse the sight for 80yds, and I'm aiming with the end of the longrod at 100 with xx75's.
    Kernowlad likes this.

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    My first set of carbons were a set of AC Navigators, the fore runner to the ACG. Difference was night and day from xx75's. Since then I have upgraded to ACE's and use the Navigators indoors, though i'm now considering X10's to beat the wind drift...
    I have no doubt you will be shooting 100yds quite happily at 50lb with the ACG's.

Thanks
    Thanks mbaker; sounds very encouraging! Should get them in a couple of days.

In the Red
    Thanks
    you will have no problem.

I was hitting 80yards with ACCs quite comfortably, and at the time my bow was set to about 45lb. have since upped it to 50lb and swapped to ACEs ( If the compound doesent sell, I may go back to the ACCs and sell the ACEs - I read some where that somebody was arguing not to use barrelled shafts on a compound)
    Kernowlad likes this.

Thanks
    Utterly brilliant! Had a fair few sighting ends (never shot that far except once by guesswork) which didn't help the scores but once I did, it was great. 80 yards is now well within sight range, 60 was no problem. Did a Long National and got 440.

Not exactly special but for less than 5 months and a "beginners" bow I was well pleased. If I can eliminate those sighting adjustment ends I should be much better.

Oh and it was also darned good fun!
    Berk and backinblack like this.

-->
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast