Advice on arrow lengh and spine.

Rhysie

Hi all, I was wondering if I could have some help on picking arrows spine and length? I have my eyes set on some Easton XX75 Platinum Plus arrows. My friends has some Easton Tribute arrows (also xx75 alloy) with a 1916 spine and a 28.75 arrow length. (similar height and draw length to myself). My (new) bow is 28# @28, however my draw length is slightly shorter at 27". I have tried Easton's online arrow selector, but It would be great to have some help and advice on picking the right arrow spine and length.

Also, I found 28" arrows are too short for me and fall of the rest, 29" has a little room left. I would prefer something with a bit of growing room and room for the clicker!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I'm a little confused about the arrow length. You say your draw length is 27" but also say that 28" arrows are too short for you and fall off the arrow rest. That would be better clarified before anyone tries to say which spine and length to buy.

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
I'm with Geoff, if you have a draw length of 27", and 28" arrows are too short and fall off the rest, then you've got some measurement wrong somewhere.
I'd re-measure your draw length if I were you.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Yes, if a 28 inch arrow comes off the rest, then that means the draw must be closer to 30 inches.

It's measured to the pivot point (usually under the button) plus 1.75 inches.
as a 28 inch arrow has a total length a little longer than 28 inches (due to the point), and assuming the rest is more or less over the pivot point, an arrow coming off the rest must be drawn at least 28 (and a bit) plus 1.75 inches.

I'm guessing an arrow length of 29.5 or more would be appropriate, but that's just a guess. It's better to measure it.

Rhysie

Okay, Thanks for the advice gentlemen, I shall get measured up on Sunday. We found it bizarre at the range too!