Arizona E-z Fletch

BOSE

Hi have just purchased a Arizona E-Z Fletching Jig from Chiltern Archery, Worecestershire Branch, great service from Phil The Manager, very quick delivery,

Superb fletching jig, fletches three vanes at a time, managed to fletch all eight arrows in around twenty minutes or so, using fast drying fletching cement.

Much easier than my previous Toll Gate Fletching Jig, whic use to take me a whole day, leaving each vane to set for twenty minutes to a half hour to set, as advised by a Pro Archer, using standard fletching glue.

The best twenty eight fifty pence, including P+P, Iv'e spent in a long time, well worth a look on The Arizona E-Z Fletch, just type in Arizona E-Z Fletch, sorry don't know how, to make a link to the site.
Cheers.
Tony.ALIAS BOSE.

BOSE

Re Cleaning Arizona E-z Fletch Jig.

Hi Russ.

Very easy to clean slots with a drop of Nail Varnisher Remover, that contains Acetone,

Best to clean, after each use.

But using dry quick drying cement, you only use the tiniest, amount along each vane, therefore very little clogging takes place in the slots, just the odd tiny crumble of glue, usually Russ.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.
Tony.ALIAS.BOSE

Kae

The American
American Shoot
I've used one of these to fletch, K-vanes, Quickspins etc and I found them to be great, and they aren't too bad to clean either.

Kae.

Russ

Hi Tony,

I actually found another tip on Archery Talk, goes something like this:

"Tip for the glue-on-the-arms problem: put some of the blue painter's masking tape on the inside of each arm where the fletch rests and cut the slot open with a razor blade. This will protect the arms from excess glue and you can peel it off and replace it after each dozen or so arrows. Use the good 3M tape not the cheap no name stuff; the 3M sticks better to the arms but still peels off real easy."

I'm looking for an fletching jig and this really does look interesting. Geoffretired, do you know anything about the Beiter version? Also easy to use?

Alex Greig

The Beiter tri-liner is only for marking out the arrow shaft to ensure correct placement of spinwing type fletchings. It is can not hold conventional vanes and feathers against the shaft like the E-Z fletch does.

I also have one and it is great. Very easy to re-fletch during comps when some flash compounder has just shot off your fletchings.

D

Deleted member 946

'leaving each vane to set for twenty minutes to a half hour to set, as advised by a Pro Archer, using standard fletching glue'

Where did that one come from? I'm no expert at all but I just work continuously round the arrow and then leave the whole lot to dry with the arrow standing up in a quiver. The fletchings don't come off but when they get hit, they actually tear so I think that the gluing must be ok.

What does everyone else do?

Kae

The American
American Shoot
'leaving each vane to set for twenty minutes to a half hour to set, as advised by a Pro Archer, using standard fletching glue'

Where did that one come from? I'm no expert at all but I just work continuously round the arrow and then leave the whole lot to dry with the arrow standing up in a quiver. The fletchings don't come off but when they get hit, they actually tear so I think that the gluing must be ok.

What does everyone else do?
Depends on the fletchings and glue.

Easton Fastset takes about 5 seconds to stick any plastic vane to the shaft. I always leave it 30 seconds or so, just incase i've used a little too much, so that it has time to cure properly.
Feathers however take a good 20 minutes to stick, or they will curl on themselves and become unstuck.

Kae.

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
20min? *cough*utters&%^e*cough*.

15secs for it to set, there or there abouts. You can do it between ends, though personally I tend to put it in the bottom of my quiver and shoot a spare until I need it. Feathers take 20min each, but only because they curl if they don't dry properly. I've seen the aardvarks bosch through a set of 12 ACC's in an hour - that's from taking them out the tube to them being shootable at 29.5in.

JohnKR

This looks a good jig to a person that never fletched an arrow before. But what type to buy.....

The CARBON E-Z FLETCH comes in a straight 1 degree and a 6 degree right helical

This is from the website, and the lack of punctuation is confusing to me.
How many carbon models are there?
Which one to get?

John.

Hellequin

Ironman
I bought an Arizona last year and it is so simple and quick to use. As for getting glue of the arms, use acetone on a piece of kitchen roll. Much easier than other jigs and they are always at the same angle....KISS, Keep It Simple Sweetheart

Angry Gaz

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
Anyone know where i can get on of these from in the UK?
I've scoured the websites of all the archery shops but none of them are listing it...

JohnKR

Hi have just purchased a Arizona E-Z Fletching Jig from Chiltern Archery, Worecestershire Branch
Tony ALIAS BOSE in the first post.

I have bought from them by phone, they are helpfull, and quick dispatchers. But you are right in saying that the Easy-fletch is not listed on the website.

John.

Gray Bird

Thanks for the welcome, Am new to archery and seeking general info on the subject. I shoot a recurve and seem to be pretty much alone in my area.

Gray Bird

Raphe

got mine from Bowsports, Cannock
Anyone got an up-to-date stockists for one of these?

I just called bowsports, and they deny ever having sold them. :faint:

I did better with Chiltern@Worcs, also mentioned in this thread: they managed to find a pack of spare arms for it in stock, once I managed to explain to them what the product was. No sign of the tool itself though.

All a little frustrating. :(

For those who have managed to get one: would it cope with 4" fletches with deltas? I assume so...