Arrow selection

Hi all,

I am looking into getting some new arrows as the ones i hav enow are a little under spined.

Ok so i am usng 36Lb limbs and have a draw of 31inch. This gives me 42lb at full draw.

I currently have 31in A/C/C 3-28 arrows which are under spinned. I have only had these 7 weeks but when bought i was on 32lb limbs.

As i am ntending on going up to 42lb in the near future i am wanting to get arrows that will last with this in mind i have taken a look and thought i would get a little advice.

So im looking at A/C Navigators at 480 the arrows are over spinned for now so i though i would get 120g cut off points and when i move up to 40/42lb limbs then drop the point weight.

So the advise i need is this... Is this a good choice? taking into account the arrows will be 2 spines higher than i need will they be ok with 120g points to drop the spine size?.

Thanks for any advice

Steve

Mark31121

Ironman
Is the weight on your fingers measured or calculated? The two pounds per inch is more a a guideline than a fact...

To be honest I would go with longer arrows, adding an inch wont affect performance too much and you can then cut them down later which would move them up a group.

Actually thinking about it - do you need 31" arrows? If your drawlength is 31", then that would suggest 29.25" to the pivot, so you could use 30.25" arrows, which might stiffen them up enough for now and then you could just get new arrows when you upgrade...

Thanks for the reply. I was measured at 31inch by the shop. This was to outward edge of the riser. I'm after the navs as been told as good as acg but cheaper that and as im going up limb weight I want to get arrows that will cover this. I know that when I'm at full draw the point is just past the riser

Tuck

Steve, Navs are discontinued now so future replacements will be limited, as will components, ACG are the replacement.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.

chuffalump

I would check the poundage OTF with scales. I was pulling just over 40lb on wound in 30lb limbs. With your DL on 36lb limbs.......

Down to 36/37lb now on the same limbs/different riser/not wound in. I'm using 31" 3-39 ACCs which are stiff but safe for a couple of poundage increases yet. They fly OK for my abilities.

Not that any of this actually answers your question. 😁

backinblack

The components are the same as for ACEs so that shouldn't be an issue...but if you are paying full price, why not look at ACGs instead?

Best,
Backinblack

Im getting navs as i can get shafts, points pins and vanes (the Lot) for ?112 the ACG's are ?40 more than this.

Tuck, as you cant but navs or ACG single then im not too worries about replacing them as i will need to get a full set no matter what happens.

From what i have been told at the club and on forums the navs are as good if not better than ACG so i may as well save the cash.

Also im 42lb af full draw and this was checked at the shop. I internded on getting my 36lm limbs and then winding them out but have found that as i am on an SGF Elite + riser this is not an option.

Steve

Tuck

Beg to differ Steve, my local (and online) store does singles in ACG no prob. Don't believe there is any substantive difference between the two, so if you can get Navis cheap and willing to scrap when attrition reduces to a non usable level then go for it.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.

Honestly wish I had your shop as mu local. Every one I have tried have said will only do up to A c c individual anything else in dozens

Whitehart

Honestly wish I had your shop as mu local. Every one I have tried have said will only do up to A c c individual anything else in dozens
There is a good reason for this but then again arrow selection is not always top of peoples priorities in the UK - arrows are not as bling as other less important pieces of kit.:soapbox:

The Navigators are still a better recurve arrow than the ACG (never understood the change) if only because they are lighter - some ACG shafts are as heavy as X10's which can pose problems for long distance sight marks.

I am going for the navs, been waiting for them to come back in sock so wll order the shafts and stuff tomorrow to collect Saturday :) just never installed poins and nock inserts but first tie for everything :)

Steve

Simian

Supporter
Supporter
As someone else has said, get them long to match your current poundage, and cut down when you increase.

Point weight doesn't make much difference to dynamic spine.

Simon.

M

Moose

Steelsteve

The Navs are no longer made so you may have a long wait for them to come back in stock

Sent from my MB860