Arrow shaft diameter

cadmaster

Is there a table of standard shaft diameters for all materials - I have found one for Easton carbons, but can't locate one for aluminium, al-carb composite or wood?

ben tarrow

for aluminium, the first 2 digits of the 4 digit spine is the arrow diameter in 64ths of an inch
ie 1816: shaft diameter 18/64", tube wall thickness 16/1000"

ben tarrow

for aluminium, the first 2 digits of the 4 digit spine is the arrow diameter in 64ths of an inch

bobnewboy

No table I know about, but wooden shafts for purchase generally follow the standard:

1/4"
9/32"
5/16"
11/32"
23/64"
1/2"

Of course if you are making your own shafts, you can use any sizing you like, but then you have to be prepared to accept that commercial nocks and piles may not be a perfect fit ��

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
actually, it's the closest 64th of an inch... hence the 2315 is World Archery (9.3mm) legal, the 2317 ISN'T, but the 2318 (the new one) IS.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Is there a table of standard shaft diameters for all materials -
I am not aware of a 'standard' table for shaft diameters for all materials. Apart from individual manufacturers producing their own for each arrow, I doubt there is one as each construction method varies. ie a thin walled large dia. pure carbon arrow can have the same stiffness as a thick walled skinny pure carbon arrow.

The closest I have come is arrow specific data from the Easton 2012 shaft selector software, but not always complete, and Lancaster Archery Supplies who often give shaft dia. with the arrow spec.