Beiter nocks and adhesive.

Deadeye Doc

I have been advised by a county coach that clear nail varnish can be used to fix beiter nocks into ACEs without any problems. My question is whether this would act as a solvent for the plastic of Beiter nocks. If this causes the nock to lock tight in the arrow it might be almost impossible to get it out and render the arrow unuseable.
What do others use to fix nocks in place,:arc: once they're indexed, especially as Beiters tend to rotate rather too easily?:duck:

wingate_52

Don't use solvent. Put 10 mm of floss or thread down the arrowshaft, whilst retaining hold of the spool. Insert nock, twist and lne up. Cut off excess thread or floss.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I have used PTFE to pack out Beiter nocks...

My preferred solution is to go for in-out nocks rather than the 12's (g-nock equivs.) as the lip does away with the need for packing.

This is on Navs not ACEs..

T.

Deadeye Doc

wingate_52 said:
Don't use solvent. Put 10 mm of floss or thread down the arrowshaft, whilst retaining hold of the spool. Insert nock, twist and lne up. Cut off excess thread or floss.
Thanks for this but I wasn't planning to use solvent, I just wondered if the nail varnish would act as a solvent

LineCutter

Should be easy enough to try it on the end of a nock. As long as you can find some in a colour that suits you :)

I presume that the suggestion was to put it on, let it dry & then insert the nock into the shaft. Rather than use it as glue.

FWIW I chew mine until they fit snugly.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
To test whether the nail varnish will affect the nock, just paint a nock with the nail varnish, leave it for half an hour and then try bending it against a hard surface. A healthy nock will bend; a damaged nock will snap.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Aardvark archery gave me my piece of advice - if Lez & Neil were given a penny for every tip, they'd be millionaire's!!! :jaw-dropp

Barry C

Here a man scored by beiter in out with a sharp knife a few times around the insert part, then they fit in and wouldnt move, no tape, no glue no mess.

Deadeye Doc

Thanks for the answers, especially from the medical mafia. (Thinks: What if you've got false teeth?). Strong showing from Cosa Nostra in West Yorkshire some of whom never seem to sleep!:boggled: :zzz:
I like the ideas of PTFE and floss (might help with chewing?). I have tried Pritt Stick and although it is reasonable it still tends to allow the nock to rotate.
Agreed about Senior and Junior Aardvarks!:thumbsup:

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I've used nail varnish on mine for a couple of years... just a light dab of varnish down each side, then let it dry. I've had no problems whatsoever with this method. It doesn't act as a solvent.