Beiter Tri-Liner

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Does anyone know whether the Beiter Tri-Liner fletching jig can be used for straight vanes (such as FlexFletch), or is it strictly spin vanes?

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Ermm... the tri-liner isn't a fletching jig, it's simply a means of reliably marking lines on your arrows. You'll want a proper fletching jig. In fact, I haven't found a good reason yet to use the tri-liner as I like to add an offset to my riteflite vanes, and the triliner marks straight lines only!

.jpg

Murray - 27/9/2005 8:03 AM
I haven't found a good reason yet to use the tri-liner as I like to add an offset to my riteflite vanes, and the triliner marks straight lines only!
Doesn't the Beiter wing holder allow you to apply them offset at 1 degree? I agree though, it's more worth getting a fletching jig so you have the adjustability of offset and also the ability to fletch normal vanes.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
.jpg - 27/9/2005 4:03 PM
Doesn't the Beiter wing holder allow you to apply them offset at 1 degree?
Yes it does, but it's not part of the tri-liner. I use a normal fletching jig to put on three dots where the top end of my fletching will go, then use the wing holder to get them on from there - no need to draw lines if using the wing holder of course.