Carbon Arrows

michael

ive been looking around on the internet for a set of 8 carbon arrows for the new outdoor season and cant decide on what to buy
so far - cartel x-pert,eastons redline and eastons acc's have caught my attention

can anyone advise on or against these shafts or recomend some with a simular price tag please???

Shirt

X-perts - don't know anyone that shoots them.
Redlines - drift like hell, avoid them.
ACCs - drift slightly less, still not great.

Get some Cartel Triples. About the same price as ACCs, pretty good tolerances (at least, those I've seen) and you can buy them singly to top up a set. :)

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I've only ever used ACC's (as far as carbon arrows go!), this is mainly due to the fact that they have a small enough spine that suits my draw length & bow weight etc. I can honestly say that I find them very good - not sure what you mean by drifting, is that the official wording for a bad shot?? :devil:

Shirt

Drift - when the wind catches your arrow and pushes it from the gold to the blue. A Redline weighs very little and is fairly fat, therefore takes little force to move it out of it's path and has a lot of surface area for the force to be exerted on, therefore will drift sideways a hell of a lot in a little wind. An X10 weighs a lot and is pretty skinny, therefore the reverse applies and it doesn't drift much.

Agree with you in the case of juniors and the very short, there's usually little difference between an ACC, a Navigator, and an ACE.

R

rgsphoto

michael said:
ive been looking around on the internet for a set of 8 carbon arrows for the new outdoor season and cant decide on what to buy
so far - cartel x-pert,eastons redline and eastons acc's have caught my attention

can anyone advise on or against these shafts or recomend some with a simular price tag please???
It depends how far you intend to shoot, the power of you bow and your current ability. The issue with wind drift is important, but will only come into play if you shoot beyond say 60 yds plus. The Triple is a good arrow but from what I have gathered from this site a pain to spine. I feel for the money the ACC is a good arrow. Easy to spine match and tough as old boots.

greydog

Xperts are much like the ACC's for diameter and weight, but they're cheaper.

Redlines just don't seem to shoot well, they are a thin diameter pure carbon, s they are too light for fita and most people would go for a fatter shaft for field if they were going to get pure carbons.

ACC's, probably the most common tournement arrow as the tolerances are good and they are reasonably priced.

Both the Xperts and the ACC's are probably the best to look at, though the Cartel triples might be better, though they are more expensive than the ACC's

Forget the Redlines unless someone has a gun to your head :yuck:

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
greydog said:
Both the Xperts and the ACC's are probably the best to look at, though the Cartel triples might be better, though they are more expensive than the ACC's
I'm in the same boat, not sure on my budget weather to play safe and go ACC's or take a bit of a risk and go for Triples.

Spotted Cartel Triple Shafts at Bowsport for ?7.39 ea, bare shafts only but that is cheaper than I have seen ACC's.

I have seen notes about difficulty with shaft selection on triples, do they come in stiff or soft? Compound Hard cam 26" and 55-60# the chart says 600 spine?

Last edited:

greydog

Maybe Bowsports are doing an offer as they have them on their site for ?8.74 and Alt Services at ?8.79. There seems to be a bit of a price war going on between them as the cost was higher than that before......Alt.Services has even lowered it's 1 dozen rate to ?96.96. So they are only marginally more expensive than the ACC, unless they've come down even more.....................the Xperts are very similar in all respects to the ACC with good tolerences and are cheaper by nearly ?2 a shaft. The Triples will give you a bit more speed as they are a little lighter and thinner for the equivalent spine than an ACC, but if you are on a budget I would think the Xperts would be a good choice, even if you just bought 8 shafts.

robtattoo

Not really sure how they compare to ACC/ACEs, but I just bought 12 Easton Light-Speed arrows @ ?60/doz from KG Archery & they seem to be really nice, well matched arrows for the price. There is a little drift at 60+ yds, but nowhere near as bad as Redlines.

Just my 2p