Cartel arrows

tel

Fonz Awardee
Tony Stickland said:
I am looking to buy "cartel triple" arrows are there any views to why I should or should not buy them.:beer:
and me, Tony - and one of the reasons I still haven't is the variety of opinion on the forum of them. I'm trying to pin down the spec to go for to try them anyway....

Kellog

The American
American Shoot
I'm waiting for mine to be delivered on the advice of my coach, I'll let you know how they go!

R

rgsphoto

Considering you already shoot Navigators, I see no real advantage with buying Triples. The Navigator is a tried and tested arrow that is well known, the same or similar performance to a Triple and a lot easier to get the spine right. Save your money, buy :beer:

If you had to choose between the two, then...that's another question. I would just feel safer buying Navigators.

Last edited:

Bald Eagle

Hi Folks,
I had 2 good seasons with the old Cartel Olympians years ago, they are a good arrow, light and very fast. I found if an arrow went through the boss and stuck in the leg of the stand, on spinning on your hand , the arrow looked bent! When I took the pile out and replaced it with a new one it was straight again!. So beware! The only other"find" was the cartel over nock, they're crap (or were) they used to split on release so I replaced mine with Beiter! I now shoot A.C.E. and A.C.C.and have no problems.

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
The Triples fit in somewhere between ACCs and ACEs. They're fantastic value for money and are also very rugged (I can't seem to break mine - touch wood! :) ).

However, if you are already shooting Navigators there is probably no point in switching as they are similar in price and spec.

GeoffT

Ironman
I am very happy with my triples.....rugged......good value...Only problem was the nocks

Now I used Pin nocks with Vector pins they are fine.

IMHO ACEs, x10s, Navs, ACCs (all off which I have shot) are fine arrows but over priced.:snooty:

Harlequin-LA

Ironman
Tony.... I know its a little off thread....but your logo - Is it 1980s Dr Feelgood? I've seen it somewhere but cant place it!

Cakemeister

Fonz Awardee
Harlequin-LA said:
Tony.... I know its a little off thread....but your logo - Is it 1980s Dr Feelgood? I've seen it somewhere but cant place it!
Same thought struck me- Dr. Feelgood lives!!:)

Marcus26

Tom said:
The Triples fit in somewhere between ACCs and ACEs. They're fantastic value for money and are also very rugged (I can't seem to break mine - touch wood! :) ).

However, if you are already shooting Navigators there is probably no point in switching as they are similar in price and spec.
I would say the Triple fits between a ACE and an X10. It is heavier and thinner than a ACE which puts me more towards the X10 in it's drift qualities.

R

rgsphoto

GeoffT said:
I am very happy with my triples.....rugged......good value...Only problem was the nocks

Now I used Pin nocks with Vector pins they are fine.

IMHO ACEs, x10s, Navs, ACCs (all off which I have shot) are fine arrows but over priced.:snooty:
I think all arrows are over priced! A member of our club came back from Canada with 6 dozen 2315 xx78 shafts, they cost 10p each over there.

panrixx

I have been using 30" Cartel Triple 400s with Beiter outer nocks for about a month now and I am very pleased with them. Time will tell if they live up to their reputation but, so far, I see no reason why they should'nt

I did a lot of BB/Forum searching before I decided to buy them and the concensus opinion seamed to be that they were as good, if not better, than Navigators; they were better value for money and they were very tough. Also, they were thinner but slightly heavier than ACCs - I have not made comparisons myself but this was the view of a number of experienced archers.

Hope this helps!

tel

Fonz Awardee
panrixx said:
I have been using 30" Cartel Triple 400s with Beiter outer nocks for about a month now and I am very pleased with them......
panrixx - did you find the selection chart accurate in your case, or were you able to try them out first?

tel

Marcus26

tel said:
I think I've seen three types listed as suitable for triples - which ones do you recommend? (sorry to go on!)
Beiter Insert nocks are the best option now that the Vector pins don't exist.
Watch out for a new Beiter Triple nock coming out that compound archers will love. ;) (archery-interchange.com exclusive there)