Cool tools - wooden arrowmaking

Macbow

Simplicity is supposed to be the best aspect of traditional archery which is true as far as the bows are concerned. However, I quite like my gadgets and luckily arrowmaking gives me the opportunity to get tooled up - shaft tapering jig, spine tester, cresting machine, etc. My latest buys however are my current favourites, both purchased from www.flybowshop.com in Ireland.

1. Bearpoint Combination Shafter - It's a beautiful bit of German precision designed to compress the point end of wooden shafts before fitting these sexy Bearpoint 3D points. Pop it in a drill, set the shaft diameter and stick the end of your shaft into the tool. You get a very precise fit without tapering the point end - stronger, straighter fit and less target wear as the point is totally flush with the shaft.
2. Footing Jig - effortless repairs to wooden shafts. Just cut the broken section off on the jig, cut another piece of new shaft on the jig and glue both bits together for a perfectly matched repair that is super strong. Some of my woodies have had more than one repair and they never break at the glue join despite some serious abuse.

Last edited:

robtattoo

Grrrrrr. Curse you & your persuasive selling techniques!!! :D:D Must......Not.....Fill......House.....With......Shiny.......Things.......

Macbow

robtattoo said:
Grrrrrr. Curse you & your persuasive selling techniques!!! :D:D Must......Not.....Fill......House.....With......Shiny.......Things.......
LOL:covereyes

chris

robtattoo said:

Paint em black then!!:raspberry
chris