Easton ACE components

Prockers

Checking out ACEs for my next set of arrows and wondering if anyone has anything to say about all the different components you can get, like points and nocks?

!!!

What are you trying to find out?
There are loads of components so lots of experimenting to see what is the best set up for you.

I have tried G nocks, pin nocks, and different fletching. I went for ace inserts for the screw in points and have a couple of different weight screw in points just to try them.
At the moment I am using pin nocks, socx wraps, spin wings on the back and have gone for 36gr points with the inserts(cant remember which weight insert I have) I get better groups with this set up at 100y. Other people have said that I would be better using heaver points but this is what works best for me.

Still experimenting though and the bag of spare bits is getting bigger.:eek:ptimist:

markmingay

Although I don?t use ACE at the moment I am shooting Navigators & use ACE components, the only thing that is a problem is if you use inserts & screw in points they are a bit fragile if you shoot the stand (oops) they snap the threads quite easily, if you do it can be a swine to get the broken thread out.
I know dont shoot the stand but sometimes that Homer moment kicks in :duh:

Shirt

Beiter Inout nocks, Long ones seem slightly better at protecting the back; breakoff points because they don't unscrew.

(And don't give me this "tuning" lark - you get minimal effect from changing point weight and I know virtually no-one who actually bothers with that)

wingate_52

I also shoot Navigators and share ACE componants. I used to use inserts and screw in points. Bending/snapping threads problem and not heavy enough for me. So I changed to 100gn break-offs without breaking anything. I use G-nocks. They are fine. I do not like the colours of the Beiter Nav in/outs.

madmac

I shoot 670's with pin nocks and 120 grain points,with aae shield cut flights . To be honest i thought that going from acc to ace was a stepup but I had to glue in pin nocks and my points are a slightly thicker diameter than my shaft :mind-blowwhereas my acc were gnocks fitted nicely and points were same diameter, but hey ho:rolleyes:

SLOWHAND

Beiter Inout nocks, Long ones seem slightly better at protecting the back; breakoff points because they don't unscrew.

(And don't give me this "tuning" lark - you get minimal effect from changing point weight and I know virtually no-one who actually bothers with that)
I used to!!!!!!!!!! Just think Shirt, instead of being just very good, you could be VERY VERY good with a bit of effort put into tuning and getting everything set up right.

ironmonkey

hey Prok!
decided not to get the X10s ey?
im using pin nocks as they protect the shaft and the extra weight stiffens the dynamic spine (my arrows are a bit on the weak side). i use screw-in points but had a couple of them bend, so next time ill get break-offs.

doesnt matter what you use as long as you got your.. head in the game!
Chris