Easton equivalents ?

Calgacus

Dug out a magnifying light thingy and worked out that my arrows are 'Cabelas Carbon Hunter 55/70', does anyone know what the equivalent Easton stick would be ?

BN

potnoodle

You'd need to know the spine of the arrow. With alis, it would be a size, eg. 1616 or 2114, but with carbon arrows the only reference is spine. 55/70 doesn't sound like a spine to me, but if you could pop into your local archery shop, they should have a spine tester to help you work out what spine those arrows are, then you can work out what arrows you'll need. If they're all carbons, it's probably something like the "carbon one" that you're looking at.

sorry i couldn't be of more help

Calgacus

The Cabelas are bang on....every time. But no markings other than Cabelas carbon hunter 55/70, they have two grades with one slightly higher than that,for two draw weight ranges. Im pulling 30-35'ish so thats in the lower bracket, but the arrows came unknown and just happened to fly well from my Hoyt.

We have nothing resembling a local archery shop anywhere in Scotland, so purchases tend to be 2nd user or mail order.
I did turn up a couple of nice 'clocks' that will make a spine tester or two, but thats for another day.

BN

Calgacus

Thats the ones Mike....Im not swamped with experienced archers, so i have very little experience to draw on. (pardon the pun)

These arrows are fat, thick, chubby...whatever, but perform well. I dont know, maybe theres others that will do as well, but with nothing to measure against I'll never know. Pity getting them sent over is so expensive, but as a last option, that may have to be considered.

BN

archer_dk

Cabelas 55/70 has a deflection of 0.380
Basically its a spine 380.
Its just like the easton aluminium arrows they come in 19-- or 20-- or 21-- these 4 figures doesn't really represent the exact spine just a reference.

Calgacus

Looks like 'spine' is a pretty elastic term doesnt it?

Had a look at some suggestions eg, Fatboys, Carbon Ones's & Lightspeeds but jeez are they expensive? So its back to possibly importing the Cabelas.

I can get 2 Doz imported, that I know shoot well, for less than the cost of maybe eight in the UK, thats a heck of a difference however you look at it. I seem to remember being told that the Carbon Hunters were Easton rejects re-badged. True or not, I dont think theyre as naff as the price may suggest having fired them myself and the results being more than acceptable.

I shot some Easton Redlines on Sat morning that felt sorta-kinda the same spine as the Cabelas, but they were nowhere near as accurate. On a usual Saturday morning I can get the majority of my arrows either in the bull if not X'ing and the rest either touching the nine ring or very close. When its not in the ten ring, I can almost always call it, as I know I've done something wrong in the shot.

(Sat mornings are indoors 20yds)

Calgacus

Opted for Carbon One's 660's and a rather large rubber toy seeing as its a birthday prezzie.....well you would wouldnt you?