Easton Full Metal Jacket

jerryRTD

The pro's and con's of thin, fat, heavy & light arrows

I have just been on the phone to Clickers archery to order a doz. Easton Axis full metal jacket shafts. Graham quoted a price of 63 pounds which I thought was very good, I would have had to pay about eighty odd for ACC's. He said that there might be a problem as Easton are having trouble getting enough high grade carbon fiber for their arrows as the Chinese are buying a lot at the moment. So if any of you are thinking about getting new carbon arrows be warned. Graham actually said that it was the top quality arrows that were affected X10's and the like so I don't know for definate if the FMJ shafts I ordered will be affected.

Stace

I heard a similar story not so long ago concerning fishing rods too.

Quick.... gather all the carbon fibre you can and store it away. You'll be rich when the famine starts.

Whatever you do, don't throw any old arrows away :cheerful:

jerryRTD

I decided to take the adivce from Marcus about these arrows, for the price they are fairly good on tolerances,tough, detectable and 63 quid is a good price.As Marcus said they have a similar mass to surface area ratio as 370 ACE's and they are thinner than ACC's so good drift performance,also with the carbon on the inside no waring out carbon on rough staw bosses.If the worst happens and one breaks all the nasty bits will be contained by the alloy jacket.

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Interesting news...I was going to sell my X10's but might hang on to them now and wait until demand goes up :->.

wingate_52

There is a shortage of kevlar too. The U.S. has redirected it towards the military for their use. Some bowstring material is unavailable as is kite line due to middle east wars.

Whitehart

This story did the rounds last year as well, then it was NASA buying up all the carbon fibre for the Space Shuttle yet the supplies of Easton arrows still came through as usual.

Marcus26

ROFLAMO that's the dumbest post of all time

:applause::slaphappy:hyper::laughing::loser:

oh gee that hurts!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

At 400 Spine the X7 is around twice the diametre of an FMJ

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

jerryRTD

If Easton thought they could sell X10's to hunters then the X10 would be on the list of hunting arrows. 80% of the market in the States is for hunting thats why you will also find the ACC and the ACC super slim on the list of hunting arrows.They are exactly the same construction as the ACC target arrow.
Don't worry Marcus, I have done my home work and I am confident fmj's will work just fine.