Fletches

Purple Hugs

What sort do you use and why? Are feather fletches ok or not?
yep... picking brains again!
:raspberry

Thanks again in advance!

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I use plastifletch EP16 - these are the small one's! I did put feathers on for the outdoor season but took them back off - for 2 reasons!
1 - they were too big for my tiny thin arrows!!
2 - the feathers on my wooden arrows have shrivelled up in the rain, this causes a difference when shooting a round!! I believe the rain makes them heavier too??! :beer:

Purple Hugs

Guess I may as well wait to buy some arrows first! hehe and yeah.. i know not till i get my bow and workout my draw length.. :beady:

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Spinwings on ACE's and ACC's, less drag.

EP 275 on X7's for indoors, but caused unresolved clearance problems, so shot the ACC's.

EP 225's on Jazz's, no clearance probs.

Mick

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
They are a popular first matched arrow....as often to do with the fact that many 'kits' include Jazz's.

They're quite tough and not much different in price to the training/club arrows that most places sell.

T.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Purple Hugs said:
Thanks both.. might go for them. once i know what length.. honestly I just want to SHOP!!!!! :melodrama
If you just want to shop...I can send you my wish list..

T.

Purple Hugs

ahhh see now in the pictures.. they look blue.. but if they are purple I'm sold to the lowest item! hehe I didn't fancy shelling out tons for arrows when my draw weight will change and knowing my luck make me need new arrows!

now all I gotta do is figure my arrow length.. along with draw weight, along with..... bla... bla... :faint:

cliveanne

Ironman
The Jazz is a good workhorse as far as arrows go. I use them exclusivly when I take my equipment out to various venues. As the clubs' equipment officer, I have purchased several dozen of them for beginners courses & various "Have-a-Goes". & yes being Purple, My Good Ladies Favorite colour, I did not have much choice in the matter :rottentom

Random_guy

One of the great things about jazzes is you can shoot them into the wall, straighten them (mostly) and do it again! Great for when you take on completely fresh novices indoors with a not very good net.... I have only seen 2 jazz arrows killed beyond any repair. One had the tapered nock end obliterated by another arrow, the other was shot into the net, fell sideways on the floor, and then shot half way down the arrow, leaveing a perfectly round hole in an arrow bent at 90 degrees! So yep, good arrows, and unless you're really unlucky, virtually indestructable!

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I use FlexFletch, which are tough rubberised ones. Though I'm going to give Kurly Vanes a try this season.

FlexFletch are available in purple, BTW!

Purple Hugs

Thanks Cliveanne & Radom Guy... I'm definately getting them as my starter set. Saw them in quicks today and they look great.. very me! And if they are that hardwearing they'll do me a good turn and a fraction of the price of some arrows too!

Graham want's black... and they say men aren't as fussy as women.. I dunno! :raspberry

TJ Mason - there is a thread somewhere about the other types of vanes.. might be worth you seeking it out.
I'll bear it in mind about the flexfletch.. :) i've been thinking about them anyhow. :yes:

Thanks again all!