fletchings.....

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
not meant to be a "whats the best..." type question....

I am planning on refletching my arrows this week. i am currently using EP16's which appear to be ok. would I see any improvement by changing to a different fletch ie. Flonite - k wings/spin wings/quickspings etc.

This season, I can't see me shooting anything longer that about 70m/80yrds, which I can hit fairly comfortably.

Cheers....

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
not meant to be a "whats the best..." type question....

I am planning on refletching my arrows this week. i am currently using EP16's which appear to be ok. would I see any improvement by changing to a different fletch ie. Flonite - k wings/spin wings/quickspings etc.

This season, I can't see me shooting anything longer that about 70m/80yrds, which I can hit fairly comfortably.

Cheers....
(Link) http://www.archery-interchange.com/...30-physics-makes-my-head-hurt.html#post156529 seems to sum it up.

I would suggest if you're happy with EP16's stick with them.

Robert

Ironman
In my experiance you will see tighter groups and better sightmarks changing from ep16 's to spinwings . the difference in sightmarks is not huge with the 1 9/16 inch spinwings but its worth having- For me my 80yd sightmark with spinwings is higher up the sight bar than my 70m one was with ep16's

Quickspins will lose sightmarks. bigtime , they're ok indoors over short distances but outside they're just a problem for me.

Flonite and k-wings I haven't tried but right now I'm very happy with my spinwings .

Can I just plug socx arrow-wraps whilst I'm at it ? they do make the whole spinwing experiance a lot nicer.
And they look "Kewl" as well (other arrow wraps are available...)

F

flamingbladerider

K Flonites are excellent. Stiffer than spinwings but can be fletched with a normal jig if required.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
just checked my reserves of EP16s....mot got enough for the number of arrow I want to do.

Sooooo.....ordered a pack of Flonite K-vanes from quicks. Now just the wait for the postman to bring them....:yawn:

MrT

How easy are these to apply? I've fancied trying some sort of spinwing, but I've heard they are delicate? Would I need another jig like a tri-liner?

How easy is the tape to remove if I want to change back to EP16s?

so many questions.... ;)

Kev

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
How easy are these to apply? I've fancied trying some sort of spinwing, but I've heard they are delicate? Would I need another jig like a tri-liner?

so many questions.... ;)

Kev
From what I understand, the flonite vanes can be applied using a standard fletching jig. I think they can also be applied using tape.

fezza

From what I understand, the flonite vanes can be applied using a standard fletching jig. I think they can also be applied using tape.
This is very true, I used a tollgate gig and it worked fine. You can also use the applicator they provide if you have marks, say on your arrow wraps.

I can however say that they are quite delicate and fold easily if you miss the target, and i'v had to replace a fair few :(. I would recommend them for more consistent archers say from high 1st class upwards.

Going to replace mine with the new Easton Tite flight vane until I reach that standard (soon I hope) :)

Paul :)

P.S They did improve my sight marks greatly though and will go back to them in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

teknohippy

so many questions.... ;)

Kev
The triliner gives you something to draw a pencil line against. If you've got a jig already then you can draw against your existing clamp and use that to alighn tape to.

And the tape removes fine.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I can however say that they are quite delicate and fold easily if you miss the target, and i'v had to replace a fair few :(. I would recommend them for more consistent archers say from high 1st class upwards.
I'm only 3rd class at the mo, but at the distances I'm shooting, I don't tend to miss......a lot.

I'm sure that will all change when I have a go at the longer distances.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Prefered method....

What is the best way to attach the K-vanes???

I was planning on using the same glue (Cyanoaclylate) that I had used on my EP16s, or am I better using the tape???

Ta.

madmac

I used to shoot with k vanes and just used the sticky tape and only topped them ,shot for a long while and had no problems what so ever even when they were creased they all grouped well.
then seen the AAE max shield cut loved the look and when shot at 60 i had to move my sight up as they were shooting higher than the kvanes.:crackup:

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Job done!!! :cheerful:

Couldn't be bothered using the tape...just used the glue instead. I'll see how they fly tomorrow night!!!