HELP: inexpensive arrows and spines

esotericbob

Hi guys,

In a nutshell I'm looking to but some pretty inexpensive arrows that I'll be using for a one off archery display weekend I'm attending (don't want to bring my carbon ones because the arrows I bring more than likely will be ruined throughout the course of the weekend). I have just bought a cheap bow too to bring with me. Just checked the poundage at my club and at my draw length turns out it's only around 24lb which should hopefully be ok for what I'll be doing.

My main question is which arrows to buy? and what spine should I be getting for them?

I have a few 500 spine gamegetters but I don't feel they work too well with the low poundage bow. Any help is much appreciated!

EDIT: would the gamegetters maybe be a reasonable choice if I switched out my limbs for higher poundage ones?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Hi guys,

In a nutshell I'm looking to but some pretty inexpensive arrows that I'll be using for a one off archery display weekend I'm attending (don't want to bring my carbon ones because the arrows I bring more than likely will be ruined throughout the course of the weekend). I have just bought a cheap bow too to bring with me. Just checked the poundage at my club and at my draw length turns out it's only around 24lb which should hopefully be ok for what I'll be doing.

My main question is which arrows to buy? and what spine should I be getting for them?

I have a few 500 spine gamegetters but I don't feel they work too well with the low poundage bow. Any help is much appreciated!

EDIT: would the gamegetters maybe be a reasonable choice if I switched out my limbs for higher poundage ones?
Without knowing your required arrow length I would say the Easton 75s are your best bet. You can't find them on the Easton chart under 'target' as the weight is too low but you will find them under the 'youth' tab and go right down to 1.38" spine.

esotericbob

Thanks for the reply. My carbon ones are 29" long.

Excuse my ignorance (still fairly new to archery) but are the game getters in the same category as Easton 75s? They're xx75 shafts.

I am giving some thought to increasing the poundage of the bow to around 26-28# but would I be able to use my gamegetters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Thanks for the reply. My carbon ones are 29" long.

Excuse my ignorance (still fairly new to archery) but are the game getters in the same category as Easton 75s? They're xx75 shafts.

I am giving some thought to increasing the poundage of the bow to around 26-28# but would I be able to use my gamegetters?

Actually I was slightly wrong in my first post, as you can find your draw weight in the target section. I always forget to change the bow selection from compound to recurve :)

Anyway, that aside, they are the same xx75 arrows. The gamegetters at 500 spine will still be way too stiff even at 28#. You would need to crank the bow weight up to about 40# for the gamegetters to work well. For 26-28# you are looking at around a 0.700 (1913) spine not the 0.500 (2016) spine of the gamegetter.

esotericbob

NEOS might be the way to go then as there was talk of a flaming arrow display at he end of the weekend. Only drawback is I live in Northern Ireland so shipping can cost a fortune

warande

we have some shops here in flanders (and northern france? selling beman carbon flash arrows for as little as 4 euro's
it seems they are not longer made by beman but places like "plus archery" just over the border have still tons of them
me and my son started archery on our ouwn in the backyard with those arrows and had a lot of fun with them
a local shop sold them for 4 euro's a piece and 3 euro's for the dozen
tbh, they are not great arrows but i bought a dozen and 8 of them gouped very well, the other 4 refused to stay with theire friends an got a spot in the attic
no problem with fletchings, that's well done, the tips stay on too
so if you ask me for cheap arrows, i would go that way, if you can find them over there
i know getting stuff over the chanel can cost a bit
i live like 10 Km from the french border and ordering stuff from them online is easy, but i can pay a cab to drive me there and back home with the sasts of letting them send me it by post
france is weird, believe me...
anyway, i've been reading here for ages but never felt secure enough to post anything
i'm flemish, my english must suck big time,
just my two cents
Johan

blakey

Hi guys,

I've always had a very high opinion of Gamegetters, mind I have the same opinion of Easton a Blues. I shot a lot of records with them. Jazz too are very good. I believe their specs are as good as or better than a lot of carbons. They just don't have the durability. :)

esotericbob

The gamegetters seem great the only problem is they are spined for a 40# bow at 500 (aren't they?) and the one I'll be using is only around 26-28#