CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss how to choose arrow point weight? at the Arrows & Components within Archery Interchange Forums; Hi guys, i have been trying to "build"/buy new arrows, i have been thinking about ...
    In the Green
    Thanks

how to choose arrow point weight?

Hi guys,
    i have been trying to "build"/buy new arrows,
    i have been thinking about easton carbon one,
    my setup its:
    recurve bow, Riser 25", Long limbs (70") - 38 lbs
    arrow length - 30"

i guess the corrent spine is 550, Can someone check this out for me?
    but i have no idea how to determine the point weight,
    does somebody can explain to me please?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Rik
    Thanks
    The catalogue has the point weight recommendations. I would usually start with the heaviest weight recommended, unless there was reason not to:
    Screenshot_2017-04-20-21-16-54.jpg
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.

Thanks
    550 looks right from the chart, 30" arrow should be in the poundage range of 36-40. Would be worth getting your bow on a set of scales to check the draw weight at your actual draw length though, just to make sure you have not crept up to 42lb if you have the limbs wound in....
    Your arrows need toe Carbon One 110/100/90 grain break off points, start with them fitted at full weight and take weight off if you need to for the bare shaft tuning.

In the Green
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker74 View Post
    550 looks right from the chart, 30" arrow should be in the poundage range of 36-40. Would be worth getting your bow on a set of scales to check the draw weight at your actual draw length though, just to make sure you have not crept up to 42lb if you have the limbs wound in....
    Your arrows need toe Carbon One 110/100/90 grain break off points, start with them fitted at full weight and take weight off if you need to for the bare shaft tuning.

Hi mbaker74,
    thank u,
    i would like to know how to calculate it,
    yeah i saw it on the chart but alot of people says that the easton chart are not really accurate
    but thank u so much

Rik
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thiagosantos View Post
    Hi mbaker74,
    thank u,
    i would like to know how to calculate it,
    yeah i saw it on the chart but alot of people says that the easton chart are not really accurate
    but thank u so much
    A lot of people don't use the charts properly...
    What do you mean by "calculate it"?

Point weights are really simple, because unless you're changing it by a lot (40 or 50 grains) you won't see a noticeable difference in test results, except to sightmarks. A difference of 10 or 20 grains just doesn't change things enough to be noticeable - that's why the recommendations can be a range.

The reason for saying "start with the heaviest" is just that it tends to produce better results, especially when there is wind.
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

In the Green
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    A lot of people don't use the charts properly...
    What do you mean by "calculate it"?

Point weights are really simple, because unless you're changing it by a lot (40 or 50 grains) you won't see a noticeable difference in test results, except to sightmarks. A difference of 10 or 20 grains just doesn't change things enough to be noticeable - that's why the recommendations can be a range.

The reason for saying "start with the heaviest" is just that it tends to produce better results, especially when there is wind.

thank u Rik,
    its because i know few people that used the easton chart and there they got two option, like the platinum plus
    they did not checked the spine on their owns and the got a low spine and that needed alot of weight, i dont know if it was because of the aluminum shaft that is different from carbon,
    but they had to add alot of weight to tune it

thats my fear, cause there is not a archey store in my city and so if i buy it wrong i will have to buy it in international store,
    thats why i asked for a way to calculate it ,
    what did i mean , its something like, if the arrow weight is xxx, the point weight need to be xxx
    i know i dont see it in any other post, but i guess there is a calculate, but i guess may its what u said, but the range =/
    i know there is alot of variables,

-->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast