Need Help On Easton Navigator FMJ

hollowpoint

i m planning to buy some easton navigator fmj shafts. but the problem is that. i don't know what size to buy. there isn't any suggestion on the shaft size selector that provided by easton. guys, please tell me what to do. thanks.

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
You need to look at the Shaft Selection Chart. You can find a copy of it in the back of the Easton Target Catalogue (download it off the Easton website) or in the back of the Quicks catalogue.

Just a thought though. Going from your setup information you shoot recurve right? Be aware that FMJs are heavy and your sightmarks will probably suffer a bit.

hollowpoint

tom, i still couldn't find what i've been looking for. so, should i take those information of the original navigator as a reference of the navigator fmj?

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
No problem, happy to help. But they will be really heavy arrows - what is your setup like?

paulhuk

Are you sure you will get any benefits from fmj's with that set up? I shoot a 29.5inch draw length with 39 pounds on my fingers and I find the Easton A/C/C's that I got a few months ago are just fine.

hollowpoint

Are you sure you will get any benefits from fmj's with that set up? I shoot a 29.5inch draw length with 39 pounds on my fingers and I find the Easton A/C/C's that I got a few months ago are just fine.
with my current set up? probably not. but i really wanna try that shaft after i upgrade my limbs to 34lbs.

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Is that 34lbs on your fingers or 34lb at 28"? Anyway, I've no experience with Nav FMJs but I've got a sneaky suspicion you'll struggle to get decent outdoor sightmarks with that setup. You might be better off looking at a lighter shaft for outdoors with that draw weight.

If you're looking for a temporary arrow for the indoor season then you might want to consider some allys.

hollowpoint

Is that 34lbs on your fingers or 34lb at 28"? Anyway, I've no experience with Nav FMJs but I've got a sneaky suspicion you'll struggle to get decent outdoor sightmarks with that setup. You might be better off looking at a lighter shaft for outdoors with that draw weight.

If you're looking for a temporary arrow for the indoor season then you might want to consider some allys.
tom, i mean 34lbs at 28".
u guys had scared me haha....! looks like the fmj is a really heavy shaft! but it's just my planning. perhaps i might need to buy something lighter.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I predict you may struggle to get 90m with them with 34# limbs and a 29+" draw length. 70m will be doable though.

hollowpoint

i m just a beginner and never got a chance to shoot at 90m or 70m.:knockout: but i will let u guys know when i m qualified to shoot that range with that poundage hehe....:p