Quickspin Vanes

wingate_52

What are peoples opinions of NAP Quickspin? Group size, wear and tear,sizes? Have you changed to them and found a worthwhile improvement, and if so, at what distances.Would there be much of an improvement over plain Plastifletc EP.

radsbow

I currently use the 1.5" Nap Quickspins and can whole hartedly vouch for their toughness. I've put so many in the green at 100 yards and not had to re-fletch any at all, but while I was using Kurly's I was having to re-fletch after every other session :) Although you have to put that down to my bad performance at 100 yards :)</p>

They are heavy though! If you are concerned about F.O.C. then expect it to drop?by a couple of %. My arrows were 16% with Kurly's then dropped to about 14.3% with Naps. However, I did group 6 arrows in about a 4" group tonight at 80 yards, but that was probably lucky as I've never done that before and could not repeat it again?this evening?:(</p>

All in all I could not realy find any difference using them apart from their toughness, but that is probably due to my standard of shooting (about 30 points short of bowman standard :( ). I think at my level as long as I'm not using 4" feathers for 100 yards, then everythng is equal.</p>

Shirt

Good for compounds, although a lot of people I know that have tried them say there is a TON of drag.

This would presumably be even worse for a recurve, such that your sight marks for longer distances might suffer considerably.

I'm sticking to Plastifletch/FlexFletch, for the simple reason that they're cheaper if nothing else!

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I was going to buy them as I need all the help I can get but on quizzing Neil (custom leather & archery) he said not to bother as they made no difference to his shooting, coming from someone who expects to shoot no less than 800 on a western I personally listen to his advice without question (mostly!!! lol).

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Now you're asking!!! I have the plastflec's?? Just the kinda normal bog standard things - I'm a woman I just shoot the bow!!! lol

And yes, purple nocks, 2 purple & 1 white vane - very nice!!

.jpg

For outdoor recurve, forget them. Unless maybe you happen to be shooting a 60lb bow- they might be okay then.
All the stuff about them spinning the arrow they market it with is just to confuse ya. At anything over 30 yards your groupings won't significantly shrink as they claim (they will open up if anything, especially with lower poundage bows). Your FOC will drop by a good 5% compared to spinwings.

I know a compound archer who couldn't hit 100 yards with his big QuikSpins. Even with his 55lb peak weight.

Indoors, they are nearly as good a feathers. But I think they don't need refletching as much so I use them.

iscap_boy

A freind of mine have a Bowtech Tribute, that is a very fast bow. Would 4" Quickspin vanes be good for indoor, to slow down the arrow? Or 5" Feathers would do the same for less money?

R

rgsphoto

iscap_boy said:
A freind of mine have a Bowtech Tribute, that is a very fast bow. Would 4" Quickspin vanes be good for indoor, to slow down the arrow? Or 5" Feathers would do the same for less money?
4" feathers will do the same for less money. I have yet to see any advantage of using quick spins on any arrow.

greydog

Quickspins seem to be very overhyped. They are heavy and deform too easily for the money. On the plus side they look quite cool :)