Sky Art Calu Sapphire arrows?

The Meggy

Merlin ad in the latest Bow International describes Sky Art Calu arrows as "Better value than an ACC. Smaller diameter than a Navigator" They come in spines from a 350 all the way to a 900. Cost is ?9.05 per shaft including nock pin and point! Sounds like a pretty good budget compound arrow for outdoor use to me. I have been using Easton Navigators which have been pretty good, but I'm wondering if I should switch to these.

So has anyone had a chance to try them, or have any other thoughts? Cheers! :scratchch

Desbob

Found a german place that sells diamond shafts

Herzlich Willkommen!

(arrows are called Pfeilsch?fte in German)

Diamond shafts 269 Euro's per dozen

Topaz shafts 139 Euro's per dozen

Sapphire shafts 109 Euro's per dozen

The diamonds are the lightest - similar weight to x10's.

buzz lite beer

The only published diameters that I have seen is the new SF ultimate line these are forward tapered arrows (easton X10 Pro tour-esk) the topaz are rearward tapered and the diamond are double tapered (design like standard X10 & ACE). diameters for these arrows can be found here :- SkyArt - SF - LINE
one can assume that the diamond and topaz line aren't going to be far from those specs. Using the 450 spine as an example they are a massive :raspberry 0.47mm wider than the equivalent Easton X10

The Meggy

Merlin (finally) have them on their website.
Cheers artee, last time I looked they still had not appeared, so I'll have a look now they are up there.
Sky Art Website

The Saphire looks ok, but the diamond looks fantastic, pity they dont say how much they weigh per inch.
I'm sure the diamond is great, but for my purposes I think the saphire may be more what I'm looking for (and more affordable also!).
weights for these shafts can be found here:-
Caludiamond
Topaz
Sapphire
Cheers buzz lite, that's very useful as I was wondering about such specific details.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
The Sky Art range certainly looks promising....may be tempted to get some in the new year!!!!

The Meggy

The Sky Art range certainly looks promising....may be tempted to get some in the new year!!!!
I think this is about where I am on this too. It does indeed look promising, but I too may wait a bit at least. Some worries I have (which could well prove totally groundless of course) are that continued availability may be a problem, given that they are only to be sold through Merlin, and also the initial stocks of Sky Art arrows have sold out AND I wonder if the price will remain nice and low, once I have made the initial investment. Plus I suppose the durability of these arrows when using typical UK straw bosses has not been proven yet.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
continued availability may be a problem,
I know that this was a problem with the Carbon Impact shafts....inconsistant stock coming in....issues getting some of the most common shafts etc.

I was looking to upgrade my Carbon Impacts to Navs, for the next outdoor season anyway, so the Sky art will def. be worth keeping an eye on. Maybe after Xmas, I might er a 1/2 doz to play with.