Tungsten point...

jonas

Need help.I get x-mas present x10 shafts.Who can tell me,are tungsten points more better than stainless points.I meen grouping.

joetapley

Tungsten points will improve arrow grouping (higher FOC) but unless you're at something like good Master Bowman classification I'd save your money.

wim

i think when you to get most out of your x10's you must buy tungsten points !
i know there exspensive but 1:they dont bent like the stainles steel ones 2: normally if you dont shoot at walls :icon_mrgr they will survive many dozen's of arrows you can use them over and over

Marcus26

I think it's a budget thing.
Remember they will last you many sets of X10s, so worth it that way.
However if you have a tendancy to lose arrows, you don't want to lose one of those.
End of the day, if you can't afford them, don't bother. I personally can't afford them so I use stainless, and I am Grand Master Level and honestly can't see them giving me the points I drop because FOC doesn't cost me points, aiming at the 9 costs me points.

My wife uses tungstuns because she's an Easton staff shooter. She has a few extra dozen from previous purchases, and they have gone through 3 sets of X10's. Worth it for her level.

wim

yeah thats right marcus if you lose one of those its an exspencive thing !!!

Marcus26

When my wife shot at teh worlds in New York she rang me and mentioned in passing she lost a point in the target, about 2 minutes later I said "no wait, you lost a point? Did you cut it out of the butt?"
Luckily Easton replaced it for her.

wim

haha it would be a funny sight sawing a hole in a target but at the world champs!!