Cloth Target Faces

Field Archer

A friend was recently clearing out her attic and found an unused 4 foot/122cm Egerton cloth target face. She gave it to me as she hasn?t shot for at least 20 years. She said she won it in a competition many years ago. I was wondering how old it could be and when cloth faces were replaced by paper ones.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I think I've seen cloth faces for sale within the last 20 years. Certainly, I shot at some, back when I started... I don't recall seeing any within the last ten years though...

Judge

Field Archer said:
A friend was recently clearing out her attic and found an unused 4 foot/122cm Egerton cloth target face. She gave it to me as she hasn?t shot for at least 20 years. She said she won it in a competition many years ago. I was wondering how old it could be and when cloth faces were replaced by paper ones.
GWAS has been using cloth faces for many years at their Dunster Week Tournament. I am not sure they are still using them as they were getting rather worn, but they were still used for the non record status events in the week in 2004!