Foam or Straw and where from???

Microphonic

My 60 cm layered foam target from Merlin has bit the dust after just 4 months of three times weekly practise with a 30lb recurve.

Should I try straw next? or foam from another shop?

Suggestions of what and where from would be appreciated.

You would have expected it to last longer than it did, right?

Thanks!!!!

Have you just shot the centre out? I have the 90cm one shooting compound 55# acc's at 20 yards on three spots move them around a bit but even the soft spots only get 2 or 3 inch sticking through . Trying to work out how many arrows have gone into it but probably in the 6/7 thousand range . What distance are you shooting at ? I'd shy away from straw personally because at short distances it's hard on arrows plus if you keep hitting the same spot it wears quick

M

Moose

If you search on the internet there are companies that will supply the foam same will also pre cut it to size

posted by moose on the loose

lbp121

Get a bigger one and move face around. For the price these are ok, and as others have said, can be repacked. We had the full sized oned for outdoor club use and they went a couple of years before we needed to overhaul them.

Microphonic

Thanks all. Shooting 18 metres / 20 yards. Yup the centre is shot out, arrows now going straight through :( 60cm is too small to move the paper face about really so I will look into the Screwfix thing shirt. If not, I think your right, get a bigger one so I can move the faces about.

carl7

On my indoor setup I have a Saunders grass matt, a couple layers of rug samples and finally the foam. The foam center has been shot out but the grass matt and rugs stops the arrows fine.

Carl