Whitetail Bosses

Watch_Man

Hot off the press - Our club purchased a number of Whitetail bosses from Perris Archery via WhitehartFB and they were delivered this morning by Tony from Perris.

First thing we noticed was how light they are when compared to a straw boss, even though they are thicker they are much easier to maneuver. Hopefully they will live up to all the good reviews and save a few X10's. I believe the plan is to start using them for competitions we run, the good straw bosses kept back for competitions will now be retired to club nights and the club night ones........ well if you have ?5 and live nearby I am sure we can come to a deal :)

Here is Tony from Perris with Ernie (Treasurer), Wendy (archery_mum) and Malcolm (Chairman)

Hidden Hippo

We've been using one at Farnham for a couple of weeks now and I like it. Stops arrows very well but they're still relatively easy to pull out. Haven't had to move it around as the range is set out permanantly, but I imagine it would be very light.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I'd so love to replace our the layered foam competition bosses (which we've just bought second hand) with these... easier to move, thinner, lighter... I look forward to seeing your feedback on them.

I shot Whitetails bosses in California and loved them (apart from them being bloomin' hard to get arrows out - but perhaps the new velocicore makes that much less of an issue).

I'd replace all our club straw bosses with these, but unfortunately we don't have enough storage space to put 4 or 5 of these in our container in replacement for 4 or 5 straw butts.

english_archer

Ironman
COOL Im so looking forwards to not having to throw a strop every time I have a pass through on one of the old bosses :beer:

jerryRTD

I don't think you will be disappointed with them. They do a good job of stopping my arrows at the Raydon indoor range, that's a 460 grain arrow off a 60lb compound.

Watch_Man

I'm sure we can add some feedback about the bosses once we have a chance to shoot on them. I'm sure we won't be disappointed.

Hidden Hippo

They're an awful lot easier to take arrows out of that a rock hard straw boss, added to the fact that they likely last longer and don't ruin arrows makes it more than worthwhile.

english_archer

Ironman
We just tie them back as you would a normal straw boss :) Oh and if anyone is wondering we are still using the same bosses we bought in 2008 and they are still going strong (used for 5 indoor and 5 outdoor comps every year)