Avanee or ACE

DJS1

I am looking at ordering a stabilizer soon for recurve. From what I have read here a lot of people are using the Easton ACE. Many people at my club use the Doinker Avancee and I was leaning in that direction. Whichever stabilizer I end up with I am also going to get the same brand sides.

What are the PROS and CONS of these two (Avancee vs ACE)? What length should I look for 27-30??

Thanks in advance

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
most stores should stock both of those, and probably in the different lengths. Give them a call to check and pop over and try them out... you never know, you might find you prefer a Beiter rod!!

They are both very good rods (I've got the Advancee), but how they feel is a personal thing and is always best to try. Have you asked if you can borrow the longrod off of people at your club to see what they are like??

DJS1

The owner of the shop and club range has graciously allowed me to shoot with the ACE for about 5 hours over several days and I can say it changes the balance of my bow immensely. In addition to better balance there is a short downside I am not use to which is added mass weight. This has gotten me thinking about things again and my initial choice of leaning toward the Avancee with its marginally large mass weight. And the Avancee is still shipping while the ACE is available now.

If anyone has used both Avancee and ACE a comparison would be welcomed. I am going to guess it just takes time to adjust to mass weight changes but with limited availability of the Avancee and the ACE being in the shop I would like to start shooting with a more permeant bit of kit then continuously borrowing the shops ACE while I wit on the Avancee.

mf78

You're right about the mass weight, it just takes a little time to adjust to it and then it seems quite normal. Buy some weights with your rod but maybe start with only one or two on and get used to it slowly. I have used both and if I was buying again now I'd choose the ACE. Both rods are good and do the job, but the Avancee has a fixed Doinker on the end, whereas on the ACE you can try different ones - in fact you'd need to get one as I don't think the ACE comes with a rubber damper. Neither is a great issue, but if for whatever reason you don't like the damper on the Avancee you're stuck with it. Also the "weights" that come with the Avancee are made of aluminium and are too light to really do anything. Performance wise they both do great, so its really down to just whatever feel you prefer.