[RECURVE] stealth shot thread size?

Hi folks - Tried to post a couple of hours ago but it didn't appear - so apologies if it apears twice

Please advise thread size and type of hoyt recurve stealth shot? I think its 5/16 but what is the thread type UNF-24 maybe?

I want to buy a tap to fit a stealth to my old RX riser and need the extra detail not just 5/16.

Also anyone fitted a stealth to a riser where you have had to tap it? any issues? experience? Is the ally stong enough?

does the supplied fitting kit allow the right angles for the string - or do you need to modify the mounting?

any guidance much appreciated

cheers

Last edited:
and the answer is.........

Hi folks - Tried to post a couple of hours ago but it didn't appear - so apologies if it apears twice

Please advise thread size and type of hoyt recurve stealth shot? I think its 5/16 but what is the thread type UNF-24 maybe?

I want to buy a tap to fit a stealth to my old RX riser and need the extra detail not just 5/16.

Also anyone fitted a stealth to a riser where you have had to tap it? any issues? experience? Is the ally stong enough?

does the supplied fitting kit allow the right angles for the string - or do you need to modify the mounting?

any guidance much appreciated

cheers
they are 5/16 UNF-24! I bought a 5/16 UNF-24 tap and tried it out in the long-rod socket - it fitted perfect

So i tapped out the holes at the back of the limb bolt locking screw on the rx riser. It took 10mins tops.

My only tip is that it's a bit fiddly to engage the tap straight because the hole end has an oblique angle. So it may be worth tapping it from the inside - ie through the limb bolt hole emerging through the locking key hole from the inside. This could reduce the risk of bruising the first couple of threads on the outside (back) end of the hole. Didn't try this approach myself, but on reflection it may have been safer. Just about to order the stealth-shots. If you don't hear from me with an update - then they fit OK. Cheers Al