[RECURVE] What would you pick?

SimonW47

I'm looking at getting a full set of stabilisers I'm looking at either GILLO GS6, WIN&WIN WIAWIS or doinker avancee I have the cash for any of them but can't get to a shop to try them so after all the good advice I've had before thought I'd post it on here and see, plus points negatives and general views, a doinker top limb damper will be fitted too in silver,
Thanks
simon

Corax67

I'm looking at getting a full set of stabilisers I'm looking at either GILLO GS6, WIN&WIN WIAWIS or doinker avancee I have the cash for any of them but can't get to a shop to try them so after all the good advice I've had before thought I'd post it on here and see, plus points negatives and general views, a doinker top limb damper will be fitted too in silver,
Thanks
simon
I have an older W&W set, HMC22's and they are simply gorgeous, superbly made and plenty of tweakability. My rig is a 30" long rod, 2x10" side rods a flat 45degree V-Bar and a 4" extender. The side rods both have an extra weight fitted.

I intermittently use a W&W top rod, mostly when the wind is up & I feel I need to increase stability a little.

I think all three of your choices have little to choose between them as they are all very well made

Karl

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
A very personal choice. I have tried the HMC22 any liked them a lot. But they were chunky and in the wind I got blown around a lot compared to my older X10s. Gillo GS6 are new to me. I don't like the annodising but 17mm and 3K carbon sound really good, if you don't want too much weight on the ends as the weights are pretty pricey and gold plated :yummy:

SimonW47

I've read a couple of things about the GILLO and quite like the look they'd definitely get some comments about looks, as the drinkers already have dampers built in are they as good as there cracked up to be as the others dampers need to be added if I choose is a damper just down to "feel" again or are they worth adding straight away?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
Again, a persnal choice. My preference is for no dampers at all and others will not be able to shoot without them.

EVC

IMO there are some not as expensive that will suit. If I were to buy a long rod today I would probably pick some intermediate stuff from Cartel (Midas) or the Sebastien Flute Ultimate (I had one once and It was very stiff and the person who owns it now is very happy with it). IMO WinWin rods are too expensive. FWIW I own the first WinWin HMC. I don't think I payed so much for them as their W&W equivalents cost today.

For the side rods I would not spend much (I have two old KAP rods), possibly one of the cheaper Cartels, SF or Infitec. I would pick an extender in the intermediate range too. V-Bar, pretty much everything will do.

HTH.

PFC1968

Gillo GS6 gets my vote, I've got 2 sets for 2 different set ups, that's how much I like them, I replaced my HMC22's with them.

Darth Tom

Personally I would recommend Doinker over anything else; I really like their dampers. I would say that on the whole the rod is less important than the damper, and I buy the Doinker Supreme dampers (it's the one off the Platinums, sold separately) and a 10/32" to 8/32" adapter thread to mount them on other rods. For me the damper is the most important thing to give feel and control through the moment of release, but this must be a personal technique thing because other people don't find that.