[RECURVE] Win & Win HMC 22 stabilizers - any experience?

Kev J

Yesterday I was lucky enough to try a range of stablizers and configurations.
Now my current Arctec Pro XC setup isn't bad, but the HMC 22 setup felt amazing - very steady on hold, negligable kick on release and excellent damping.
The only slight concern I have is the size. All my tests were indoors, I wonder how the HMC 22's on a Recurve setup are affected in the wind outdoors (compared to smaller diameter stabs like the Arctec).
Of course the next step is to try a range of HMC 22s outdoors, but until I can do that I'd like to gather any comments from anyone with any experience with the HMC 22s on a Recurve.
thanks.

New2Archery

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Kev

I am reasonably new to archery, only 18 months shooting, but in my opinion, you bow arm is much thicker than the HMC22 long rod and is holding reasonably sized, flat piece of metal. For me, these are going to me much more influenced by the wind then any long rod.

N2A

Aleatorian

I love my HMC22's, though not shot much recently due to an injury, I have to agree with N2A that wind acting on yourself is more of an issue than acting on the rods

Slime1973

Having used Arten, AGF, carbofast and Easton stabilisers previously I say that my HMC 22 longrod, twins and extender are the best I have shot. Had them for just over a year on a GMX with border hex 6 limbs. They take out what little vibration there is, and really keep the bow straight and moving forward. Compared the HMC 22's to the Easton x10 stabiliser in the shop before I bought them, and the difference was notable. No hesitation in recommending the HMC 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleRascal

Same as above, I dont have a massive amount of experience yet and these are the only stabs I've used apart from a club cartel a while back, so take this as you may. I use a 34" HMC 22 +6" extender and 12" siderods, on a 27" inno max (I'm a big guy), and I've never had to come down due to wind when others were still able to shoot (people I shoot with use HMC+'s, x10's, fuse, and our training ground can be very windy) Shot feeling is very damped, and feels very stable during draw, I like them a lot. Get a very nice punch forward on release with no aftershocks. Only thing I've noticed is that the weights on the long rod regularly unscrew themselves every couple of sessions, but its never been an issue. (Just a 'what was that noise?' -> check for loose things). I personally would defer to those with experience across multiple stabilizer setups, but I have no problems recommending the HMC22's, theyve really been great to use. Construction quality is top notch as well.

After gushing about the 22's, ironically I've actually been interested in trying some ArcTecs to settle some curiosity about difference in shot feel. Shot with two very good archers a while ago who used and highly recommended the Arctecs. How have you found yours?

Kev J

thanks to you all for your feedback.
I bought the HMC22s and am very happy with them.
It'll be interesting to do some slo-mo video and compare them to the ArcTec set, but the HMCs do seem better for me and my bow - very stable on shot and little vibration.

I've shot them in calm and very windy conditions, the HMCs do catch the wind a little more (proven by shooting from cover and only exposing the long rod to the cross-wind) but nothing significant that I can't handle.

LittleRascal - the ArcTecs felt really good on my previous bow setup, but on my new setup with higher poundage faster limbs etc the stiffer HMC rods are better. I did also try the ArcTec Pro XXL longrod and that didn't feel too bad either. As always best advice is to go and have a play but I think you'll find it hard to beat the HMCs :)