Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decut 120 Click

In the White
    Thanks

Question Decut 120 Click

Anybody had any use out of one of these sights? Opinions?

I'm looking to replace my Cartel sight that has shaken to pieces after about 2 months use.. and before anyone recommends Sure-loc's etc, the simple fact is I can't afford something like that at present.

Cheers..
    Last edited by Dave; 16-05-12 at 11:10 PM.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Has it shaken to bit as in broken, or just bits coming loose? I have a very expensive compound sight and the same vital screw can back off to almost gone in a couple of hours. Sometimes you need to use loctite or a thin wrap of plumbers ptfe tape may help.
    Just because a sight is expensive doesn't mean it will be hugely better than a cheap one if subjected to the same stresses.
    The sight you are looking for is still a cheap sight and may or may not do what you want but I'd suggest looking to reduce shock to the sight, lock down everything with loctite and get a top sight even used whan you can justify the cost.
    My concern is you will end up with 2 cheap sights falling to bits.

In the White
    Thanks
    Yeah I know what you mean, with hindsight (no pun intended).. a few precautions might have saved me a few quid, embarrassingly I never noticed the problem with my current sight until it was too late, and I've lost 2 of the knurled thumb screws that lock various bits in place. I can replace the screws with ordinary screws, but it means taking a driver to them if I need to make adjustments.. not very practical.

Thanks
    You might be able to source replacement thumb screws from an engineering supplies store, just do a google search, a lot of machinery uses this type of screw for parts that need to be removed on a regular basis.

Cheers, Jim.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, then give up, blame the equipment and have a beer.

In the Green
    Thanks
    I have been having problems with bits falling off through vibration as well. Just went to assemble my bow and the detent pin, spring, washer and screw were missing from one of my limbs:-(

My cheapo sight also falls apart if I don't remember to tighten the thumb screws every few shots. I ave just ordered the Decut 120 from bowsports (cheaper) so I will let you know how I get on with it.

aman

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aman View Post
    My cheapo sight also falls apart if I don't remember to tighten the thumb screws every few shots. I ave just ordered the Decut 120 from bowsports (cheaper) so I will let you know how I get on with it.

aman
    So, how's it going with the new sight? I'm assuming you've got it by now? What's the first impressions.. cheap tat or quality bargain?
    Reason i was attracted to it, was I have a Decut finger tab.. and I think it's great (and a bargain to boot), so I figured perhaps they might have made an intermediate winner here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast