Arrow jumping of rest during draw

T

tannebri

Hi

Have a problem which so far we have not been able to stop, that is that when drawing the bow back the arrow jumps up and down on the blade of the launcher. It sometimes jumps right off! I've changed the blade angle cleaned the arrows and blade. Shooting 1714,
X7's and when I calculted the weight it's between blade thickness's do you think going to the lighter blade might help? or maybe a wide blade?

Thanks

Tannebri, Tannevic and Tanneale

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Quite often the jumping can be the result of a tight nocking point.( top and bottom too close to the nock)
Sometimes it is shaking of everything as the archer struggles to draw over peak weight.If that is the case, you will feel it.
Sometimes, the V of the blade is rough and needs a rub with fine abrasive paper.Try rubbing a cotton bud over the parts that contact the shaft to see if there is any snagging.

T

tannebri

Thanks geoffretired

Forgot to mention it's a compound. I can get it to jump myself it's only 32Lbs so do not think it's anything to do with archer and the draw feels very smooth It's a Mathews Mission X4 almost as though the lancher is bighting into the arrow. Will have a look at the nocking point. As i've just changed the knocks:duh:

Tannebri

leg_iron

Ive had a similar problem with my Deecut rest. I have swapped to a Quicktune rest and the arrow doesnt move when i draw back. It also feels so much smoother when i draw too.

urbin

As well as the tight nocking point, your nocks can also be too small. I had both problems, and switched from Easton G pin nocks (small) to Easton Pin Nocks, which are a much better fit. Beiter pin nocks are also larger in nock groove size.

Aah, Easton X7s? In that case try the large Easton G nock.

The string should be able to rotate inside the nock without taking the arrow with it.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
As well as the tight nocking point, your nocks can also be too small. I had both problems, and switched from Easton G pin nocks (small) to Easton Pin Nocks, which are a much better fit. Beiter pin nocks are also larger in nock groove size.

Aah, Easton X7s? In that case try the large Easton G nock.

The string should be able to rotate inside the nock without taking the arrow with it.
Or the Beiter Hunter size which fits the X7... :}

caspian

Quite often the jumping can be the result of a tight nocking point.( top and bottom too close to the nock)
Sometimes it is shaking of everything as the archer struggles to draw over peak weight.If that is the case, you will feel it.
both of these are possible causes. also, tie your d-loop outside soft nocks with the bottom nock slightly longer than the top - this will place slight downward pressure of the shaft onto the blade during the draw. random pic from the web: http://www.ifish.net/gallery/data/500/DSC_0290.JPG

use a 0.010" and forget about it. set the blade around 30-35? from horiztonal and leave it.

if you are still getting jump-offs, either your draw is not smooth (perhaps too much weight), or your bow hand position is wrong, causing the riser to oscillate as it places pressure on the bow hand.

finally, try and keep your bow hand as soft as possible - don't tense up the muscles, don't extend the fingers out straight, don't grip the riser. bow hand position is a subject all in its own, but soft hands get rid of a lot of the problem.