Barebow Rest Recommendation? Spigua or Free Flyte Elite?

turtle

hi, i?m Looking at upgrading my arrow rest for barebow string walking. My budget WNS rest is ratty and wobbly. I want something that will really last well and is tough enough for stringwalking.

The two two I am considering are the AAE Free Flyte Elite and the Spigarelli Spigua (the fancy one with micro Adjustment). They?re the same price but I don?t know the pros and cons of the two. The only downside I seem with the AAE is that it will use imperial bolts and grub screws and this is a faff, because everything else I have is European and metric. The AAE looks a cleaner design, but does the Spgua have advantages? I know you can get spares easily for both.

any help is appreciated!

turtle

Hi, no, I hadn't. They're new to me - can you tell me about them, or any differences to the above mentioned ones? I see it is a drop away design. Does this have advantages over the traditional magnetic 'side folding' ones?

jerryRTD

If it ain't brake don't fix it. Stick to what works, ZT (or clone of) and a button, that combination stands up to a 60lb finger loose compound no trouble.

turtle

Hi Jerry, are you referring to the regular Z/T or the Z/T Spigua? I would like to have easy adjustment and fine tuning as I guess this will make swapping between arrows a bit less traumatic. The Spigua seems to have fine tuning options, whereas the regular Z/T doesn't.

jerryRTD

Regular ZT. Anytime some gives something extra adjustment it means there is something else to go wrong. I can see very little to no advantage in moving the pivot point of the flipper left right because it will have no effect on the arrow because you have not moved the button, which controls the centre shot position
Remember KIS, Keep It Simple.

LAC Mark

Hi, no, I hadn't. They're new to me - can you tell me about them, or any differences to the above mentioned ones? I see it is a drop away design. Does this have advantages over the traditional magnetic 'side folding' ones?
The Zniper is indeed a dropaway rest, the idea is It drops away as the arrow is released so it’s clear of the fletching’s when the arrow goes past, the ZT gets pushed back by the arrow, this will have a small effecton the trajectory of the arrow.

They work well, but can be a little fiddly to reset when changing arrows. With this in mind the ZT spigura may be your best bet as would have thought you can make note of each setting and get it more or less spot on when changing arrows, these are only my thoughts as I have not used the spigura.

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
I agree with Jerry. I was given a ZT a while back and I don't think I can see myself going back to the stick on rests. I have shot a few drop away rests in the past while shooting compound and have always gone back to blade rests as I found the drop away is not always consistent, and I just don't need another monkey in my back pack. The ZT is solid, well made, reliable and simple to set up. I don't see that the adjustable version should not be as good.

AndyW

Both are great. But on compound I swapped to a freeflyte micro as it started to be a pain finding long enough buttons for some cut outs and the side fin works fine.

turtle

Just got the ZT mounted and set up. I'm getting the odd flyer even when my form and release seems spot on, but I am sure I will get to the bottom of it New arrows too, so lots of variables. The ZT didnt take long to set up and seems to have no play in it which is nice.