Cavalier Arrow Rest

Do you need a pressure button if you use a Cavalier Free Flyte Rest?
Will this type of rest over come tuning problems i have with my bow to arrows with too strong a spine. I cannot reduce the Tension on the pressure button spring to tune my bow to the arrows.
I've already reduced the spring size. I was poorly advised when i brought these arrows.

Bald Eagle

The freeflight rest is a good rest and you will need a button. The springy bit on the side needs to be removed unless you use it on a compound bow for finger shooting. If you can't take any more pressure off your button and the arows are still going left(R/H) then your arrows are too stiff. What spine are they and what's the weight of your bow?

Nick Forster

Ironman
Arrow Tuning

Thanks for the reply Bald Eagle.
The Arrow are 3-28 500 acc 30" long. The draw Weight on my fingers measured 36 lb at the shop
I have just had a look at the charts for these arrows and they are coming up ok for your set up.
I had a simular problem with a set of ACC recently and thought that mine were under spined for the bow. I too had put in the lightest spring into my pressure button ect.
fact was that the arrows were ok the pressure button was now way to soft even though in a walk back it seemed ok.
if you have 100gr points in these will proberly be to heavy I would reduce them to 80 gn and put your medium spring in.
check thast the tiller on your bow is set up write and start again.
THERE ARE SOME VERY GOOD TUNERS ON THE INTERCHANGE, I am not one of them but the fella who helped me tune my bow is regualy on line and he is good. maybe you should raise anouther thread and see what happens.
Cheers Nick:cheerful:

Thank you Nick for the Reply, all the experts at the club agree the arrows are over spined.
sorry for the delay in replying. i was away working in France for a few Days.

Regards
Mark