Cheapy riser question

Newalpost

As I'm new to archery I didn't want to spend a lot of money just yet so bought a fairly basic arrow rest. It's the Cartel Arrow rest below. What's bothering me is that the arm coming out of the rest is pretty much at 90deg to the riser, i.e horizontal, and I thought it should have been at an angle so that the arrow 'slides' down it onto the pressure button. I've placed an arrow on the rest and there's nothing that seems to stop it from sliding of.

A slight bend with pliers may do the trick but maybe I'm missing something about this rest.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Sounds normal to me. If you want something which holds the arrow on, try a Hoyt super-pro rest (cheap as chips).

Most people shooting target don't have a problem, because: (a) they aren't touching the arrow, and (b) they use a clicker.

ThomVis

The rest "should" be pointing up slightly, but it depends on how high you're stuck it to the riser, the arrow should be in the middle of the pressure button. Do not bend the wire at the end to create a hook.

Newalpost

Well, having screwed up the attachment the first time i.e alignment with the pressure button, I removed the rest and then had to use double sided sticky tape to reposition it. So it comes off easy enough for me to tilt it up. I think I might get some of the plastic rests as well just to see the difference. They work ok on the club bows.

Thxs