Rest Recommendation?

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Having been looking at risers for my better half (Mrs. Uller), and darthTer from our club running out to pick up a new riser, and Woodsplitter having to get a new one, I've been feeling left out a bit... So after much deliberation (or about 2 minutes after seeing pHz's at the SCoCo) I've decided to go for a Merlin Elite.

The question is, which rest would anyone suggest and if they come in various fits for different bows, which would fit the Merlin?

I've had a couple of suggestions of the Spig ZT, but does anyone know which version suits this riser best?

Cheers :beer:

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
careful with spigZT on elites. i USED to use one and it marked the bow a little. i don't like that rest anyway and have had fantastic success with the ARE stick on. brilliant little rest and nothing to come undone!

pHz

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
you know i approve of the ZT uller

just checked back through my receipts and the one on my bow (which fits fine and has stayed where its set since i set it up) is the win & win variant

slainte :cheerful: rob

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Probably best to give Merlin a call....they should know best!!!

Will you have it for Tuesday????

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Probably best to give Merlin a call....they should know best!!!

Will you have it for Tuesday????

Probably not, unless someone from Merlin sees this and knows they have a Solid Silver in stock!

That and the fact it's still not ordered yet!

Uller

The American
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
you know i approve of the ZT uller

just checked back through my receipts and the one on my bow (which fits fine and has stayed where its set since i set it up) is the win & win variant

slainte :cheerful: rob
Thanks Rob.:beer:

nfinite

Ironman
theres nothing wrong with a hoyt super pro.

simple and cheap, and it is very reliable.

I can never understand why there is this urge to get away from so called 'beginner' arrow rests (you all have thought it) when the simpler designs have produced such great scores in the past.

This year so far, i have given out 2no. of my spare rests when wrap around types have either lost adjustment screws or have simply fallen apart in the middle of a fita.

Tropicalshot

theres nothing wrong with a hoyt super pro.

simple and cheap, and it is very reliable.

I can never understand why there is this urge to get away from so called 'beginner' arrow rests (you all have thought it) when the simpler designs have produced such great scores in the past.

This year so far, i have given out 2no. of my spare rests when wrap around types have either lost adjustment screws or have simply fallen apart in the middle of a fita.
totally agree,
the only reason i have a wrap around is that it came with the riser when i bought it, i have several hoyt super rests in by box of bits witing for the wrap around to destroy itself, then its stick ons all the way. :snooty:

Mistake

Ironman
totally agree,
the only reason i have a wrap around is that it came with the riser when i bought it, i have several hoyt super rests in by box of bits witing for the wrap around to destroy itself, then its stick ons all the way. :snooty:
my wrap round is in the process of destorying itself atm.. the adjustment is getting tetchy.. so i'm thinking about the ARE rest as many people seem to be using them to great effect

Kae

The American
American Shoot
I use a basic Cavalier rest. Have done so for at least the last 5 years, never come loose, ultra reliable and I've been able to adjust it for all arrow types.

Kae.

Tropicalshot

my wrap round is in the process of destorying itself atm.. the adjustment is getting tetchy.. so i'm thinking about the ARE rest as many people seem to be using them to great effect
Finger crossed but mine is still in good working order(thats blown it:duh:)
but i have no problems with clearance or activation of this release, i think it is great and love shooting with it but like i said when it does go then it will be stick ons, i will have to try the ARE rests but Hoyt super rests are so damn cheap and easy to apply. i will have to post a pic of my rest cos as it came with the bow and there is no manufacturers name on it i have no real idea what it is maybe one of you lot can help me, pic soon

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Rest choice is easy - the simpler the better. ARE is good (and simple), but relatively expensive... still miles ahead of any wraparound rest IMO

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Rest choice is easy - the simpler the better. ARE is good (and simple), but relatively expensive... still miles ahead of any wraparound rest IMO
I have the non-adjustable one and cut the wire length to suit. And oddly enough, it works a treat on both my X7s and Navs. I've never had to worry about it and that alone is worth the expense. :cupcake:

T

Toxitalk

Cough Cough

I hear AAE Cavalier are good. Nudge Nudge.

Saying that anything that does the job should be good enough (been shooting the hoyt super rest for too many years to count)