Shibuya DX Button-Pressure Adjusting

Lowney

The button pressure seems to adjust after a few shots...fitted a new grub screw but hasn't sorted the problem. Can anyone suggest a solution?

chuffalump

If you are happy with the pressure, put a little dab of superglue on the boundary between the spring tension grubscrew and the body of the button. That should stop the tension grub loosening.

Never had this happen with mine. Seems odd if both locking grubscrews are tight.

morphymick

The American
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
If you are happy with the pressure, put a little dab of superglue on the boundary between the spring tension grubscrew and the body of the button. That should stop the tension grub loosening.

Never had this happen with mine. Seems odd if both locking grubscrews are tight.
That's if both locking grubscrews are tight...

Check that the body isn't moving wrt to the barrel.

Mick

lbp121

I've used Shibuya buttons for 20 years and never had one alter. Sometimes they shake loose in the riser which I solve with a twist of PTFE tape.
I wonder if this is a genuine Shibuya, or a look a like or whether there is something else causing this problem.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I shoot in the rain, my button gets muddy (clouting) and find thaat fine grit inside can cause it to have variable pressure and ease of movement. I take mine apart regularly for a good once round with a cotton bud followed by WD40 or preferably silicon spray. They are so flippin expensive these days they are worth looking after!