Spigarelli ZT rest

chuffalump

In my quest to buy nice (but not too expensive), transferable things for my bow I thought I'd get a bolt on rest. It replaces the cheap stick on SF jobbie that came with the riser, not that I've ever had any trouble with it.

Anyway, even at its maximum height it was nowhere near high enough for my 2016s. So, bend the arm, deliberately too far so that I can lower it via adjustment to suit. Now it looks about right. May have to chop off the little hook section at the very end but best give it a try first.

However, after running an arrow down it by hand it looks like the short section leading from the pivot to the bend before the long section of the bar could catch my fletchings. Thus tipping the nock end of the arrow up. Its angle isn't enough for the hen fletch to gradually contact the bar and move it out of the way as a flipper rest is designed to do. Instead it looks possible that the arrow nock end will ramp upwards on the edge of the vane.

So, what do you guys who have similar rests think? Am I over thinking this? I could do some more surgery on the bar to change its profile but is it necessary? Maybe I should just wait for the weekend, shoot it and see what happens. Worst case, I can fit my spare stick on rest and chuck twenty quid in the bin.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
From slo mo footage I have watched, the first half of the shaft runs along the wire arm but then the bend in the shaft means the fletching pass to one side of the rest and don't make contact.

Badgers Dad

Badger's spigarelli rest does collect it's fair share of fletching plastic, but there isn't a detrimental affect on arrow performance.

ThomVis

Having watched the video below; when you fletching is hitting the rest, you might want to look at you arrow spine/bow tune.

[video=youtube;wGNslUNBrEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNslUNBrEM[/video]

embryonicarcher

My wife tried the same rest on recommendation from other archers, having been using a stick-on, plastic Hoyt super rest. She got the same problem with the rest fouling the arrow vanes on the way through, which seriously affected their flight and her scores. We tried all ways of adjusting the rest but we simply could not stop the fouling, to the extent that there was clear build-up of coloured plastic on the arm of the rest after half a dozen shots. Eventually we came to the conclusion that the rest was just not compatible with her riser and refitted a plastic super rest. No fouling, scores restored, rest given away.

chuffalump

Well, despite the windy conditions today, I did get some shooting time. Hard to tell if my inaccuracies were due to the wind or the rest but... No plastic on the wire after an hour. Reasonable grouping despite the wind. AND the little hook on the end stopped any arrows from blowing off.

So far, it's looking good. 😁

chuffalump

Update. After adjusting the rest to suit some new ACCs.....I started noticing some variation in the position of the rest arm. Turns out the threads had stripped in the hole for the bolt that gets attracted by the magnet. I don't believe I was excessively tightening this, so if anyone else buys this rest......take it easy. I'm back to a stick on magnetic flipper now.

Evil Cat Overlord

blakey

Update. After adjusting the rest to suit some new ACCs.....I started noticing some variation in the position of the rest arm. Turns out the threads had stripped in the hole for the bolt that gets attracted by the magnet. I don't believe I was excessively tightening this, so if anyone else buys this rest......take it easy. I'm back to a stick on magnetic flipper now.

Evil Cat Overlord
Have done the same thing myself, really annoying. Now got it patched up with hot melt, but will probably abandon it.

steve Morley

I switched to the German made Gabriel rest, great quality and very smooth action, used for Stringwalking (almost daily) no issues at all.