titan pretentioned arrow rest

aviator

hi folks i have a titan pretention arrow rest and to quite honest i am not sure how to set it up the instructions dont mention anything about berger button hole position. and can it be used without the tentioner plate like a normal rest.
this is how i set it , i set the blade without the tentioner plate so the blade is center of the berger hole, the checked the arrow on the rest so the arrow is running through the center of the hole too when on the rest. now i put te pretentioner plate on and set the center shot and nock hieght.
so have i done it the correct way and can i use the rest without the tentioner.
any info would be good cheers steve

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
The idea is that the pretensioner blade is uppermost so the actual blade can bend down when the arrow is launched but the actual blade, can only rebound as far as the pretension blade. Shooting without the pretension blade defeats the object, as the actual blade can rebound higher than its "at rest" position and probably catch the fletchings.
When I used that sort of rest, I set it up so the actual rest blade is where I want it and ignore the upper blade as it is just an extra fitting to prevent high rebound of the rest. With the upper blade in place, the actual blade may be pressed lower than without the upper one, so install with both fitted.

aviator

titan arrow rest

The idea is that the pretensioner blade is uppermost so the actual blade can bend down when the arrow is launched but the actual blade, can only rebound as far as the pretension blade. Shooting without the pretension blade defeats the object, as the actual blade can rebound higher than its "at rest" position and probably catch the fletchings.
When I used that sort of rest, I set it up so the actual rest blade is where I want it and ignore the upper blade as it is just an extra fitting to prevent high rebound of the rest. With the upper blade in place, the actual blade may be pressed lower than without the upper one, so install with both fitted.
Hi thanks for your input i have phoned a few archery shops who will remain nameless today and none of the explained why the blade is used ,i take it i still set the blade tips to the center of the berger hole as normal. I was using the thickest blade 30 and found when i put the arrow on it there was no drop of the blade and sat over half the hole , arrows Easton X23 180 grain point i can try thr 25 blade which will be thinner.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I was using the thickest blade 30 and found when i put the arrow on it there was no drop of the blade and sat over half the hole
Hi, just to clarify... when the arrow is first placed on the rest, there may not be much movement; the rest may hardly bend. It does most bending as the string moves the arrow forward at the start of the power stroke. As the arrow passes over the rest, the arrow bends upwards in the middle like a very flat arch shape. The arrow loses contact with the blade as the blade bends down. The blade then springs back up, and can rise higher than it was when at rest unless there is another rigid blade above to restrict it. That can bring the blade into contact with the rear of the shaft or the fletchings. The pretensioner is there to prevent that extra high lift of the blade. If there is contact , that usually means the nocking point is too low causing the arrow to fly tail low and catch the blade as it passes.