Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target stand

In the White
    Thanks

Target stand

I was going to make my own target boss from one on the many designs around ... and no need to as my kids just bought me a MyBo 90cm bag target for my birthday.

So now I'm looking to build a stand for it .......... assume I will make a 'shelf' 30cm deep to suit bag, just wondered if anybody has done this, and whether a traditional tripod style is best ... or to go for a 4 legged folding stand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Why don't you hang it??

In the White
    Thanks
    OK ... would then need to make a frame to hang it from ....... not sure if it would be any easier ? unless you know better.
    Now if I could come up with frame that also held up backstop netting that would be neat ...

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 957 Posts
    Hanging the bag makes the contents last longer as a lot of energy goes into moving the bag so less goes into penetrating the contents.
    The A type frame places legs close to the gold area and acts like an anvil which helps the arrows to shoot the middles out.

In the White
    Thanks
    Can follow that logic.
    So anybody made a hanging frame? For me would be good to incorporate backstop netting sport as well .. but I could hang that from a wire between 2 hooks.

Asking as someone might have done this already.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 957 Posts
    We use frames to hang backstop netting. Imagine two A frames facing away from you and wide enough apart to hang the boss between. Use a rigid pole to hang the netting from so the stands aren't being dragged over by the weight. If the back legs are longer than normal, the cross pole will support the net at an appropriately safe height. The bag could be hung from a lower cross pole that fits between the longer legs.Being lower down that leg, will also mean it is closer to you so the net will be hanging behind and still allow the boss to swing a little. The net will also settle the boss after a hit, so it doesn' t swing too long afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast