Anyone actually using the Evolution BT aide

Zanda

Hi guys anyone actually got their evolution, and using it yet? if so what are your feelings on the beast ? :cheerful:

L

Li'l Boy Blue

Should get mine next week from a shop. I'll let you know as soon as I have chance to shoot it.

ExiledTaff

I e-mailed Carter yesterday to find out when they are shipping them to the UK (I've pre-ordered mine from BowSports), the response was "another 2-3 weeks".

Medoc

Ironman
Tried one today at Aardvark, Les has 4 in stock, feels a bit like a cascade, but better than a HHA, simple in design should go down well I feel, not for me at the moment as im getting on well with my Just-Cuz.

A

ASW1973

I have had the loesch version of this release aid since vegas this year. They are not a magic answer but they have a place for people with certain "issues" and I must say that they are a good release to teach someone from scratch with a compound. Leant my loesch to a boy who had compound for 7days (had only ever shot 2 arrows of one before this) and he made over 1280 on his first FITAwith 7 days experience. a lot of this was down to him being able to not fixate on trigger execution and concentrate on posture and balance which is far more important.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
The loesch is not magic but it does work in much the same way as the evolution. It would be difficult to shoot if you like to punch the trigger. If you like the idea of a surprise release, it is difficult not to get one with it.

A

ASW1973

it must be rembered that although some people have proved to be exceptions to the rule, punching leads to flinching and flinching leads to a horrible compound experience. so there is no place for punching in anyway with a compound. Most punchers develop because they do not know what it feels like to execute the triger "properly" so the loesch is an excellent training aid, as i expect the evolution, to be in order to transfer this feel and skill to another type of release aid if need be. It is the easiest route to begin curing a punch.
release aids in order of ease to punch:1, wrist 2, back tension 3, thumb 4, loesch,evolution etc
BTW these release aids can still be punched just requires imagination (have seen it done)

Sponge

Fonz Awardee
ASW1973 said:
I have had the loesch version of this release aid since vegas this year. They are not a magic answer but they have a place for people with certain "issues" and I must say that they are a good release to teach someone from scratch with a compound. Leant my loesch to a boy who had compound for 7days (had only ever shot 2 arrows of one before this) and he made over 1280 on his first FITAwith 7 days experience. a lot of this was down to him being able to not fixate on trigger execution and concentrate on posture and balance which is far more important.
Sorry for the flippant comment, but does that thing come with a Master Bowman badge as standardl? :cheerful:

Sponge.

A

ASW1973

no :)
but the way he was coached does come with a master bowman guarnteed :)

seriously it does just allow the person learning compound to concentrate on balance between push and pull and posture which lead to good shot execution.
I re-iterate I do not think it is the BEST release aid :)

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
From bitter experience,I know what can so easily happen when the release aid is used wrongly. It is, in compound terms, as dangerous as a misused clicker is for recurve archers. There are different ways of using clickers and release aids. Very high scores can be shot by the different methods. If the device is used as PLANNED, good results can be achieved. The difficulty is, I feel, that the planned use and the actual use differ, without the archer knowing about the differences.

A

ASW1973

The best release aid is the one that fits what you are trying to do:)
wrist for line and sight marks.
thumb for anchor
back tension for ??????
loesch etc to work on other parts of the shot and have a simplistic execution, push and pull. does also teach u to have a very clean hand position (wont go off if u twist your hand)

ExiledTaff

Evolution has arrived

My Carter Evolution release aid finally arrived in the post today, only 9 weeks after ordering !!

Can't wait to try it out tonight.

Fox

Alistair is right, its not the release its the archer! You can "punch" any release you want, its just how scary you want it to be when you do it:cheerful: Its your head that matters.

I got one sent from carter, its nice and its the best I have seen of its sort but at the end of the day, i dont punch any more(wish i did) so its not treally of any use to me. Will probably just flog it. I have used Just-cuz's for 3 years and have just changed to just-b-cuz's in the last few months so i have no need to have anything else.

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Tried one on an Allegiance at a shop when I went in for my arrows, it felt very nice, I am now buying a new bow :sigh: I wish I had enough money for the release as well, may well be looking out for one in the future.

oldy

back tension (evolution) etc

Hi ,I must say that this type of release seems about the ultimate & I would like to try one at some time but they are not new . An American compound archer called Freddie Tronscoso brought the same sort of thing out in the 70s but for some reason they did not catch on ,despite the fact that Mr Tronscoso was the Dave Cousins of the time.
Regards oldy

P

pyroarch57

Mines at the PO right now, will have it tomorrow then i`ll post my views.

P

pyroarch57

Carter Evolution

Ok, picked my Evolution up today and i was a little dissappointed in the feel of it, the finger spacings didn`t feel right. I`ve been used to shooting with the JustCuz and that`s just about the most comfortable release i`ve ever handled.
Anyway, after about half an hour of handling it i soon found myself getting used to the "different" feel so i was ready to give it a try, i put my Safedraw on and was ready to go. The approx factory setting was 16 pounds, my draw weight was set at 48 pounds so i tried it at that, it was almost spot on, just one turn out on the hex key and it was perfect.
I`ve just put 50 shots through it and----- i`m very IMPRESSED! It`s a great release well worth the wait.

P S Hope my fat lip goes down by the morning, i forgot to hold down the safety on my second shot. :guilty: