BCY Release Aid Rope Dudley Braid

Thefox

Has any one tried this release rope material?
It was designed and made by BCY for John Dudley to use. I have been using it for the last 5 months and I'm finding that I have to replace the d loop every six week due to fraying.
I've checked the release aid for ruff edges (Carter Chocolate) and it seems fine.
Anyone else having problems ?

Thanks

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Is the fraying at the places where the jaw fits into the loop?
Another thought is that there might be a rough part on the body of the release at the point where the loop makes contact on the way out. If you imagine the jaw half open, the loop would be trapped between the end of the jaw's hook and the part of the body it was resting against. There's a join there, where the top and bottom halves of the body meet, there could be something there with an edge, sharp enough to do some damage.

Thefox

Is the fraying at the places where the jaw fits into the loop?
Another thought is that there might be a rough part on the body of the release at the point where the loop makes contact on the way out. If you imagine the jaw half open, the loop would be trapped between the end of the jaw's hook and the part of the body it was resting against. There's a join there, where the top and bottom halves of the body meet, there could be something there with an edge, sharp enough to do some damage.
Thanks Geoff I will have a look later.

Watch_Man

Choc.... I had a similar problem with my choc on normal release rope.

John gave archery_mum a 100ft reel to try last year and she hasn't had any problems with it with her release aids. We have also been using it as the cord in a couple of fall away rests as it seems more resiliant than the standard cord.