Carter Attraction

jmad

I have just had a quick play with the Carter Attraction. It feel's nice in the hand. similar to a Target 3 but with a shorter neck and a slightly deeper body.

It works very similar to the evolution/revolution except you draw with your thumb of the trigger, then press the trigger and pull. I am still playing with holding weight but it does feel crisper than the evolution or revolution. to set it up as a thumb trigger you just wind down the holding weight so that as you press the safety it goes off.

I was worried that as a thumb trigger there would be lots of play in the trigger, but there isn't. I have only had a quick play with it but i do think it will work well as both a back tension and a trigger.

I have got the intercounties shoot tomorrow so I'm trying to decide wether to stick with my existing release or give the Attraction a baptism of fire.

english_archer

Ironman
Good luck with which ever release you choose to use :beer: will be intrested to hear your views when you have had more time with the attraction

mizzat

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Mine arrived today. Will have a play indoors on Thursday. BTW, what is the function of the second lever behind the trigger? there is no mention of it in the "manual"?

jmad

Mine arrived today. Will have a play indoors on Thursday. BTW, what is the function of the second lever behind the trigger? there is no mention of it in the "manual"?

The second lever can be used as an extra safety, if you keep your thumb on it the release will not go off. useful if you have pressed the trigger but now want to come down. Mine has got a second thumb post on it, but the photo on the website just shows a single post.