Carter Revolution

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Looking at the Carter Revolution, the safety trigger is operated by the little finger. Is that "Safety on" by default or safety off, unless held back by the little finger?
Has anyone used it? Any thoughts about the safety triggering?
I am using the Loesch at present which is safety on by default, which I find reassuring.

CPlater1

It is safety off by default, so you need to hold the trigger while drawing, then come off at full draw.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks Hoyt Hooligan, the revolution does look shorter than the Loesch which is a good thing for me, I have had to seriously modify my Loesch to get my draw length as I want it. They shoot about the same though, yes?

Hoyt Hooligan

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
I found it shot easier than the Loesch. The reason been, with the Loesch it needs to vertical to shoot any angle and it feels heavier to pull through the shot, now this could just be me. But when I tested the Revolution it would go off in any position feeling the same .I shot this over two weeks eventually sticking with the Loesch because my groups were tighter with it.
see if you can borrow one first before taking the plunge.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks again, Hoyt Hooligan. It is interesting to read that you find it releases more easily than the Loesch and at different angles. I suspect you had the settings the same and it was a feeling of being easier. I know that if I set my Loesch too light, the groups swell out even though it feels easier to activate. Did you ever try making the Carter stiffer to see what happens to the groups?

Hoyt Hooligan

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
both releases were set the same both were quite heavy as I pull quite hard into the back wall if I don't I forward release (not good) like I said it may just be me when I am out of position if may just feel heavier as I could be pulling with the wrong mussels, but the revolution just felt the sameand the groups were defiantly worse with the revolution. Then again two weeks against 1 year with a release may not be fair but I liked the Loesch from the first time I shot it.
have you shot with the revolution yet?

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
No, I've had no chance to shoot with the revolution so far.
I do like the Loesch and have started to get it to work better. The only reason I'm considering the Revolution is connected to the draw length and all the mods I've had to make to shorten it. I have managed to get the draw length right, but it has meant my first two fingers are very widely spaced. I considered getting the wrist strap version of the Loesch and adding a T-bar handle. Then I started to think along the lines of the Revolution as the work is already done and known to succeed.
I have a Chocolate LIte which fits me nicely but I can't get the groups with that for some reason. I am willing to accept that the reason is with me not the release, but the triggerless action is so good, I'd prefer to stay with it.

Marcus26

I didn't like the safety on the Revolution. I find it awkward to use and it puts my little finger into a bad spot. I like the Evolution one because it's faster to use.
I would have preferred the Revoltion if the safety deactivated when you held the pinky down. That way you could use it to pull as well.