I.T.S. Springs

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I have seen a thread on here showing a picture if the its springs and listing the tensions softest to stiffest, I have searched but can not find it, I do not suppose anyone knows where it is or can tell me how to tell the difference, I have bought a Carter Ember and I can tell roughly by squeezing but not sure which of the 5 is the stiffest.

Valdez

I have three sets of springs for different Carter Releases and they all have one shiny spring in each set, that one is the stiffest in all of my sets.
Hope this helps.

it is in my experience of carter ITS springs, that the stiffest is the 1 which is slightly thicker, and is tighter packed together. was so hard for my release, i couldnt put it in =p didnt really matter in the end however, as i like it lighter.

if you have tested all of them however, and you cannot tell the difference, then find the top 2/1 that feels right, and go with that.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
If you pair them up and squeeze one against the other end to end you will find the weaker in each pair.Change the pairings around and compare again till you know the order.