TRU Ball Incredible release

Dansig

anyone got the new Tru Ball Incredible ?

saw a video on youtube and it seems like a great back tention release.

I have the Hot Shot Tempest release and am looking for an upgrade.. getting to many 9's from release error, hoping that back tention release will fix that.

but it's quite expensive so I would like some hands on opinion before I order one.

Attachments

GoneBad

The Incredible is a thumb trigger release not a back tension release.
It is a Tru-ball, a quality brand, and will function perfectly, so no issues there.
The only way you will know if you like it is to try one and decide for yourself (probably not easy in Iceland).
What feels comfortable in my hand may not suit yours. I love the chunky feel of my Tru-ball Absolute, others that have tried it hate it for that reason. It is all very personal. You may as well ask 'I am thinking of buying the new David Bowie album, do you think it is worth it? Some think he is a music god, others think his work is dross. Not very helpful, sorry.

P.S. I own 9 different release aids and am currently using a Tru-ball HT 4 finger but have been known to change mid shoot, several times, so what do I know?

Dansig

You?re absolutely right it's trigger release.. my fail..

since I'm looking for a back tension release then the "inside out X" should be the one to look at ?

GoneBad

since I'm looking for a back tension release then the "inside out X" should be the one to look at ?
My useless argument still applies. I prefer the HT because it has a wider, flat handle and did not get on with the Inside Out that I tried. Another Tru-ball to consider is the BT Gold with either straight or Ultra (swept) handle, less than half the price. The big advantage of the IO is that it offers the interchangable handles.

english_archer

Ironman
Since your already shooting a Hot Shot why not try a Hot shot Xtasy ? a fantastic B/T hinge release also one of the cheapest on the market I like mine so much I bought a second one as a spare :) The only down side I found with mine is that they need a couple of hundred shots to smooth out the action but once you have they are awesome :)

Dansig

I looked at the x-tacy and other bt releases, what cought my attention about the Incredible was the rotating head, the Inside Out X also has the rotating head so I will not torque the D-loop, and since I also compete in rifle matches I know the importance of a good trigger, I want to be able to adjust the release so it will let go with a very light pull to minimize movement of the bow.

the price makes no difference for me, If I want something bad enough I buy it no matter the cost.. i just eat noodles for a month instead ;)

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I used to think that rotating heads were the way to go. I spent a lot of time making my own one. When finished, I really wanted it to work after all the time I had put into it. The truth, for me was, that it didn't make any difference. Over time, I have come to realise that other things matter more. Comfort, to allow the hand to draw while relaxed, being one. The spacing of the first two fingers is important for me as I straddle my jaw with them, for a solid anchor. Adjustable trigger stiffness and travel, I find to be essential; and no tell tale signs that the mechanism is moving, just before the release happens.

M

Moose

I used to think that rotating heads were the way to go. I spent a lot of time making my own one. When finished, I really wanted it to work after all the time I had put into it. The truth, for me was, that it didn't make any difference. Over time, I have come to realise that other things matter more. Comfort, to allow the hand to draw while relaxed, being one. The spacing of the first two fingers is important for me as I straddle my jaw with them, for a solid anchor. Adjustable trigger stiffness and travel, I find to be essential; and no tell tale signs that the mechanism is moving, just before the release happens.
Sounds like a carter then

posted by moose on the loose

english_archer

Ironman
I looked at the x-tacy and other bt releases, what cought my attention about the Incredible was the rotating head, the Inside Out X also has the rotating head so I will not torque the D-loop, and since I also compete in rifle matches I know the importance of a good trigger, I want to be able to adjust the release so it will let go with a very light pull to minimize movement of the bow.

the price makes no difference for me, If I want something bad enough I buy it no matter the cost.. i just eat noodles for a month instead ;)
If you shoot with correct draw hand position (palm turned towards ground) you will get minimal Dloop torque anyway :)

caspian

and unless you're running an extremely short loop, the effects on the string are minimal. they also vanish .0001 seconds (approximately) after the release opens.

Marcus26

Really highly recommend the Truball HT and HT Pro. Also the BT Gold is great. Same handle but with a narrow older style head. If not Truball the only release I would use is a Scott Longhorn III