Little finger release

pkel33

due to a slight problem with my wrist I find it difficult turning my hand outwards and finding a decent reference point, therefore I have my hand horizontal and use my thumb to get a ref point on my neck, firing the releaese with my little finger....currently I am using a carter 'hole thing 3' release which is not in A1 condition, as these releases are becoming more and more difficult to get hold of I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternatives? or if indeed anyone else prefered (for whatever reason) to use their little finger as opposed to their thumb:thumbsup:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I had a Copper John release called a Double Eagle. It had a trigger for the second finger. It is now made by Stanislawski.
It looks like most hand held thumb releases and could be used the way you want.

jmad

A Carter target Master 2 can be triggered by thumb or little finger. I think it is an old model but I recently bought one from wales Archery(they seemed to have a few in stock). I usually shoot a Carter Ember and I am not convinced how good it would be as a little finger trigger, as the trigger ends up a long way behind the release. I have a Copper John release that Geoffretired mentioned that I would be willing to sell or if you are local you are welcome to try. The other option would be a backtension release.

Popeye

Where abouts are you as i'm sure most compounders have more than 1 release aid and are probably willing to let you have a go with them.

pkel33

thanks for all the replies, I'll definately be trying a few of the suggestions out, what are the chances of trying one out in a shop? I'm at aardvark tommorrow taking my bow in for re-cabling, does anyone know if they have any that you can try?

okexpress

I'm pretty sure that Truball made a couple of pinky releases, however I don't believe there is one in thier currnt line.